“Nice and New, heavy on the decor”
Review of Park Hyatt Vienna

Park Hyatt Vienna
Ranked #9 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This new Park Hyatt is right in the middle of downtown, excellent for sightseeing and shopping. A little stuck up and tight, but in general staff was always courteous and friendly. No complaint. Targeting the business and deluxe customer, I think staying here with a family and young kids might be alright, but not really what you are looking for...
The rooms are impeccable and the lighting system is fabulous - you can chose different settings and even the curtain system is fully digitalized - well done Park Hyatt!!!
Had some afternoon tea - was OK, missed out on breakfast...will try to catch up next time, as I will be back.
Bed and linen are superior, cotton touch is of highest class, just like the amenities. Highly recommendable.
Pricing is a little too high, I think at a rate of 200-240 EUR it would be good value, everything above that is for my taste a little overdone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VfB 1893
ParkHyattVienna, General Manager at Park Hyatt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Vienna.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your comments about our rooms, the bed and linen quality and the lighting system.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Park Hyatt Vienna in the not too distant
future and I hope that you will have the time to try our Park Hyatt Vienna breakfast buffet!

Monique Dekker

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Really wanted to try this hotel after a friend recommended it. As a diamond member, we were upgraded to pretty nice room. Rooms were very large for european standards. Breakfast was pretty good too. Staff were really helpful and friendly and also really professional. Great selection of restaurants nearby. Location of the hotel can't be any better. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank jhc522
PHVIE, General Manager at Park Hyatt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very good rate and the nice comments on tripadvisor.com

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for your very
positive comments about our guest rooms, the breakfast, our staff and the location.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind words of appreciation.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Park Hyatt Vienna.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Vienna is quite famous for having very reserved and DULL hotels. Last year the Ritz opened up which finally added some swag to the city's hotel scene. BUT enter the Park Hyatt....this hotel blows away EVERYTHING Vienna has to offer. When you first walk in you are not overwhelmed but once you enter the room then the eye candy floors you and you won't wanna leave. They spared zero costs on this hotel and as we all know, thats the reputation Park Hyatt's have. And possibly the best thing about the hotel is the location. Nothing better! Forget the boring Imperial, forget the glitz of the Ritz (poor location), forget the all the rest...Park Hyatt Vienna is the new champ in town!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlobalSwagger
PHVIE, General Manager at Park Hyatt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your amazing feedback on
Tripadvisor.com - Your feedback is very much appreciated!

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit at our lovely hotel and I was delighted
that you felt so comfortable in our guest rooms - thank you also for your very positive
comment about our location.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here 2 weeks after it opened and were awe struck. It was a bank and now it is one of the finest hotels you have ever stay in. It is not inexpensive, but it is worth it. The only negative is that if you are a Hyatt frequent guest, you get used to the club room. Here there is not a club room and everything is extra cost. We would stay again though.

Room Tip: Our room was great on the 2nd floor overlooking the square. I doubt there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PHVIE, General Manager at Park Hyatt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

I was pleased to read your excellent feedback and that you enjoyed your stay at the gorgeous
Park Hyatt Vienna.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to staying at Park Hyatt Vienna from when I booked this hotel.
I've checked in here today.

This hotel located at absolutely convenient district which has lots of shops and restaurant nearby.
Of course the attractions are not too far from here.

All staffs are perfectly nice but only one problem is I'm still not getting the diamond welcome card: I like read and keep this card so it's bit important to me, and what is the diamond welcome amenity by the way?

I will staying here more nights and I would be revisiting here if I can come to Vienna again someday.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank CJ K

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Vienna on tripadvisor.com - Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that you liked our location and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for your positive comment about our staff.

I regret and I truly apologize that you did not receive the diamond welcome card.

Nevertheless we would be pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Vienna in the future.

Warm regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just spent two beautiful nights in this exquisite hotel. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated and stocked with bathroom amenities that you no longer get. The staff was polite and helpful. The restaurant and bar offered great ambiance and food . Definitely a true five star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our rooms and bathroom amenities.
I am also very proud of your positive comment about our staff and our bar.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel just opened in June 2014. I was visiting for business and luckily was recommended to stay at this hotel.

The hotel location is perfect, within walking distance to central vienna and all the attractions. The interior is Superior as the hotel used to be a Bank, quite interesting architecture. The rooms are lierally brand new, wooden floors, marble bathrooms. The spa was fantastic, beautiful indoor pool and all normal spa amenities.

Perhaps the only thing i didnt find perfect was the mattress, quite hard mattress (perhaps because its brand new!)

highly recommend for all business and pleasure visitors

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank swissexpectations
ParkHyattVienna, General Manager at Park Hyatt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for sharing your very positive feedback about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Vienna on TripAdvisor.com!

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Park Hyatt Vienna and I personally
want to thank you for your very positive comments about our location, the architecture,
our guest rooms and our Arany Spa. I am truly sorry that you did not feel so comfortable with
our mattress.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future!