“Everything One Wants in a Hotel”

Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna
Ranked #42 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Adams, Massachusetts
“Everything One Wants in a Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent a week in April at this beautiful, superbly comfortable, and well-located hotel. The location is certainly ideal: close to the Belvedere Palace and just a block from the entrance to the beautiful Univ. of Vienna Botanical Gardens, a wonderful oasis for wandering. Also it's an easy and very attractive 20-minute walk down to the Ring, the Opera, and the heart of old Wien. Excellent nearby public transportation will take you anywhere you want to go.
We stayed in an Executive Room, which is well worth the modest extra cost because it gives you access to the excellent Executive Lounge with its first-class breakfast and snacks throughout the day. The room was handsome, spacious, and well-fitted up with super-comfortable beds. You get a wonderful deal for the money with this fine hotel. We will definitely return here next year, as we are regular visitors to Wien.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nice 4-star hotel close to Belvedere palace. Although the hotel is not far from the famous Ring, it takes some 12-15 minutes of walking to get there so it is advisable to buy a tram ticket (my wife and I bought 3-day pass and that helped a lot in moving quickly and easily around, tram station is 2-minutes away from the hotel). The room ("de luxe") was nice, well-furnished and nicely decorated, very large, with a comfortable bed and good TV. Excellent bathroom, modern, with all facilities. The hotel is big - our room was looking onto the inner court so it was very quiet (not sure about the rooms looking onto the street with trams). Staff at reception nice and ready to help. We did not use all facilities (such as sauna). Also our price did not include breakfast which was offered at very high EUR 23 per person. We did not use parking either – at EUR 25 per day this is also highly overpriced (instead we parked for EUR 3 a day in a public garage about 1km away). Wi Fi working well. All in all, nice hotel, excellent room, with pretty good location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dimitrije56
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

At the end of February I attended a two days conference arranged at this hotel in Vienna. It was my first time there however it ended to be a great experience in a hotel withe very professional and friendly staff. I checked in after 10pm and my room, at the third floor, was very spacious and clean although with the view at the back side of the hotel facing a parking. The toilet was very clean too and definitely quite large. At the lobby there was also a nice bar where I had few drinks with some other conference attendees the second night. The distance from/to the airport was less than half a hour and the only "negative" thing was that I waited for the taxi to the airport requested at the lobby for over 15 minutes however, to be fair, it was after the end of the conference when several other guests were leaving the hotel as well. This hotel is definitely recommended for a stay when in Vienna.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had the opprotunity to stay at this hotel this year (2014) in March (only one night), and one year before in May, during an workshop. The room allocated this year was an appartment, big, very big, a lot of space, very nice arranged. I was alone in my room, and I couldn't let the luggage the entrance, in the special place, because it was too far from the bedroom, were I needed it my things !! i was very impressed about the conditions offered by this hotel, tall rooms, big windows, impeccable cleanness. Also in the inner lobby, the view is impressive - the combination between old and new is fantastic! Breakfast is very divers, for all tastes, the offer for restaurant is also very good. I have spent a wonderful time there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reigate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to the Savoyen in early April for a 4 night stay and we're very pleasantly surprised. We booked an executive room and the little extra was well worth it. This gave us a large balcony that overlooked Vienna and access to the Executive lounge during the day where there are complimentary snacks, soft drinks and coffee.

The room was always impeccably clean, beds comfortable and very spacious. The staff very helpful. This is a hotel we really enjoyed staying in.

The only negative point we have is the quality of the wireless signal. Whilst wireless is throughout the hotel we found it very patchy in our room (where we needed it most). However this will definitely not stop us staying in the Savoyen if we visit Vienna again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Peter K
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Trend Hotel Savoyen in Vienna. It was every bit as amazing as the first one. We stayed in a family suite again (now with two little kids) and the space was great and definitely enough for a family of four (separate living area with sofa, armchair, desk, closets, tv, and an extra bed for the older one). The staff was professional but very friendly and the breakfast selection was amazing too. We took the baby to the breakfast area in the stroller and got there 5 minutes before closing and they stayed open for us for an extra half an hour. I know where we will be staying again when we return to Vienna.

Room Tip: The family suites are perfect for a family of four.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eva F
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I wanted to immerse myself in old Europe. I wanted to stay in old castles and beautiful buildings. I chose this hotel because wanted on site parking close to the inner city. It is an example of luck sometimes more important than planning. The rooms are very spacious. The hotel is within walking distance to the Belvedere Palace, my second favorite place in Vienna. The location is close to transportation so we could ride a train to the metro. The trains and metro run frequently. We had executive rooms which meant we could use a special dining area and everything in the mini bar is included in the room price. The special dining area had great food including beer and wine. There were snacks, beer, wine and champagne in the room. I didn't think I would really take advantage of this service but ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

Room Tip: Can't speak to orientation but ask for a room with a view. Ours overlooked a dome a n greenspace...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family