“Fantastic value”

Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen Vienna
Ranked #39 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
“Fantastic value”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I have found the hotel here on Trip Advisor and have to say was very happy with the rate and the location. When we arrived we were a bit worried as the hotel did not look too promising from outside. When we entered were very pleasantly suprised because everything looked really nice and spacious. Staff was very efficient and friendly. Our amesement got even better when we were told as the hotel is fully booked we have been upgraded to the executive suite. It was on the 8th floor with a balcony (we couldn't open the door to go outside but that we didn't mind because of our toddler daughter) wonderful view over Vienna and Belvedere Palace. Big spacious room, wonderful bathroom and free use of minibar. Wifi worked perfectly. Location also fantastic only 15 minutes walk to city center on a nice street. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I consider this hotel with mixed feelings...

Decoration & Internal design; I am sure the plan was to get a soft soothing sensation for clients, but feels a bit too dark for me. Feels like it needs a Colour palette update and slight renovation.

Room size and amenities: rooms are a bit small for my liking, especially considering that I had opted for a suite.
Mini bar and room service selection are absolutely minimal.

Price performance: originally I thought that it might be the best "bang for buck". But I think other hotels on the way to the centre - on the same street - might be equally great value (disclaimer: in all my previous trips to Vienna,I used to stay at a marriott affiliated hotel nearby but I now refuse to on the principle of exorbitant charges for wifi).
Anyway, To be confirmed in the future :-)

Breakfast: possibly strongest part of the hotel! Very decent selection, very polite chefs - you must try the fresh omelet!

Location: depends on where you want to go - perfect for Botanical gardens and Belvedere! A good 20-30 minute walk to the shopping areas and to other main features around the cathedral.
A very handy fact on top of the above: this is literally 5 minutes away from a metro station that gets you to the airport in 24 minutes guaranteed for 4.40 EUR (go down to the concourse from the Burger King side and buy tickets at the small convenience shop at the end of the concourse, no vending machine as far as I could see).
Needless to say, beats hands down the Vienna airport shuttle for convenience relative to the hotel location for only an extra 8 minutes at probably half the price - and do not get me started on taxi prices in Vienna!

I would say a solid 3.5 (maybe close to 4 on a good day) out of 5

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LT-Planetwanderer
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This 4-star hotel is everything I could wish for at a great price. The bathroom is spacious with luxurious equipment and a nice bath tube + shower. The bedroom itself is also very spacious with the beds being the most comfortable ones I've slept on. There is FREE wi-fi in the rooms and its speed is ok. Everything in the hotel is very clean and new. The reason I give 4 instead of 5 stars is the location -- the location is NICE but not perfect. It does take 15 mins walking to get to the city centre. Anyway, there's a tram stop very near the hotel so consider using the public transport to get around town. The Rennweg Bahn station is right in front of the hotel so you do have transport options :) Using the public transport, you can go from/to the airport directly from this location. I highly recommend this hotel for its price, staff and amenities.

Room Tip: Second floor room 207 is near the elevator, it's super quiet, facing a side street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PrincessMinerva
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at hotel savoyen Vienna with my familly and love the place specially the hotel staff. I mean all the staff they where very helpful and anything we asked for we received a yes answer. Its a bit far from the centre but it's ok

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a great deluxe hotel...location is a bit out of town (walked from city center in about 45 minutes or convenient trolley)...excellent breakfast and rooms are spacious...I filed a claim re luggage with BA and hotel front desk called them every day & found it...
I'd definitely stay there again...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is very well located with lots of nearby activities, restaurants, bars and shops. However, the hallways and rooms are a bit dark and the restaurant´s food is barely ok. The staff at the front desk could be a bit more helpful, as I had a bit of trouble checking in, and they did not seem to be willing to assist in speeding things up. My Vienna experience could have been better with a nicer hotel and staff.

Room Tip: I would not go back to this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rooms were quiet and very clean and the beds were really comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke english so there was no language issues. Excellent breakfast buffet with a very good variety of selections and made to order omelets. Several good restaurants nearby. Also a small food court with a grocery store about 1 block away. Fairly close to Kartner Pedestrian Street and the Ring. Would definitely return and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends