Tea Vienna City Hotel
US$409
US$379
All reviewstop floorshopping streetmariahilfercitycomforteuro
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Awful place. First of all, room was very dirty (not vacuumed and had a lot of hair on the beds) , it had no air-conditions ( 4 star hotel!),but had 2 fans which were covered with a thick layer of dust. Very noisy and hot! Breakfast was very poor,stuff is untidy and unfriendly. What also surprised me, in "4-star hotel" stuff doesn't speak English! We very disappointed. We slept bad (noise,temperature,dirtiness) and ate bad (we had nothing to eat for breakfast. As a conclusion, I can say that stuff is irresponsible and price doesn't match the quality. I can't advise this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sofia Z
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is on different floors of what appears to be an office building. The entrance is shabby so first impressions are not good. If you enjoy dark 1970s decor, then this is the hotel for you!
Room (205) is at the rear of the building and was very quiet. My friend's room gave directly onto the main staircase for the whole building including to company offices - as a single lady traveller, this is not ideal, especially as the cleaner left her room door two days running. There is no air conditioning in the bedrooms, just a fan and windows (dirty) which you can open. The room and shower room were very clean; the towels were extremely thin and hard. The bed was comfortable.
The handbasin was smashed at both ends leaving razor sharp edges exposed - it looked like someone had attacked it with a hammer, very strange. When I told the receptionist she said she didn't know (why not?); the edges were later covered with tape. The basin was replaced the next day but leaked into the wood cupboard. I reported the leak and put a waste paper bin under to catch the water; it was still not repaired more than 24 hours later.
The mirror on the wall was so high I could only see the top half of my head (I am average height!). The mirror on an extending arm was missing a nut so could not be fixed at a useable angle. The light fitting above the mirror had no bulbs and was not repaired during the whole of my stay despite my reporting it immediately after checking in.
The breakfast was extremely basic. The reviews by Lea K and zsebibabak say it all.
We ordered a taxi to take us to the main station and, on the advice of the receptionist, allowed 50 minutes for the journey - wrong! At 09:15 it took about 15 minutes.
I only stayed at this hotel because the Rosa Linde Bed and Breakfast was full, and I will never return to the Bella Vienna.
How does the hotel merit a four star status?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DDDream
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am a regular guest at this hotel that I always liked very much. It is well located, it has very nicely designed, spatious rooms, roomy bathrooms, it is generally well kept and clean, free internet, and typically nice service. The breakfast room is a gem - especially on nicer days when you can sit outside on the roof - with a view on the whole Vienna and some lovely penthouses. The family room is really great with two separate rooms.

But over the last year its breakfast has started deteriorating and by now it is more adequate for a youth hostel than a 4-star hotel. They used to serve salmon, champaigne, and a generally good selection of typical breakfast items. Last year they already started to do away with more and more varieties, and more and more often most of the trays were empty when one arrived to breakfast (and one asks for one thing or another, but not for everything to be restocked...). By now it is a basic continental breakfast, with e.g. only white rolls and no bread, no healthier versions such as black bread (so typical and great for Austria), no vegetables at all, with one type of cold cut, etc.

I really hope they will improve their breakfast again to the 4-star level as I fear they will loose their customers - I myself am often thinking whether I should switch to another hotel to get a healthier and richer fstart of my day (I then work all day hard and do not get a chance to have a decent bite until the evening).

I will give it a 5-star again when the breakfast improves... ;-)

Room Tip: The family room is very spatious, two separate rooms, large bathroom - so a great choice if you travel with more people or children.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I rent a hotel room for one mounth 202. But actually I slept in 6 different rooms in this time. First day I slept in o normal room, but starting second day I asked for a room with a bath, not a shower, was ok but I payed more. After 2 weeks ,during I made a hot bath, suddenly the water became brown, ugly smelling and in the toilet the same thing. They gave my another room for one night untill was resolved the problem. 1 week later, at 5 o'clock in morning my room was full of water, the bathroom the same. The water came outside from everywhere even from toillet. They gave my another room to resolv the problems like first time. When I called that "boss woman" from hotel and I told her about that problem she even don't say sorry. Guess what? She told me "du machen die toilet kaput" :))))))). The next day when I came back in the new room, the key was not working because there was somebody else and I was push to stay in 202 where I stayed all the night with the windows opened because was hard to breath. So, I don't say that you don't come here anymore, because the cleaning and reception service are good, but when you do it, do it for one day, a lucky day without surprise from the toilet. Enjoy your holiday at Bella City Hotel!

Room Tip: Don't take a room with a bath, take a shower one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just came back from our stay in Vienna. We've chosen this hotel on a recommendation. We were told it's a nice hotel with good location and amazing breakfast.
We were never so unpleasantly surprised with breakfast in a hotel before. There was minimum of choices and quantity of food... Breakfast consists of the following: buns (only white bread, no other), butter&jam/honey, pate, hazelnut cream, max. 10 hard-boiled eggs (one morning there was only 1 egg left, and at least 5 of us still coming to eat, and it was only 8am, breakfast allegedly lasts till 10am...), some cereals and some chocolate cornflakes and a few peaces of kugloff. And that's it! No ham, no cheese, no scrambled eggs, no yogurt, nothing!
When we asked what was happening and where's their famous breakfast, the staff told us they made some budget cuts and something had to suffer. "But you still promote yourselves as a 4* hotel! This is not a 4* hotel breakfast.", "Well, yes..." :/ Every morning there were some new guests stunned by this. And they all complained. Not a pleasant morning/breakfast atmosphere...

The room was nice, clean, comfortable and served the purpose of our stay. Other than having a heating system malfunction the first night (it was heating like crazy, we had our windows open whole night) that was fixed the next day and a TV with no picture, just sound, everything else was OK.

The staff is very welcoming and the hotel has a rather good location.

Too bad breakfast ruined it all for us ... It would be better if we didn't have it included, we wouldn't get our hopes up and be so disappointed in the end, but rather pleasantly surprised if we got a small "snack breakfast" on the hotel, what this in the end actually was.

Not a 4* quality!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel! If you still decide to stay here, ask for a room that doesn't face the street because of the noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple