“Great choice!”

Ranked #99 of 208 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Montreal, Canada
“Great choice!”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Despite the unusual layout and bland exterior, the Bella Vienna hotel is a great choice for tourists who plan to spend most of their day sightseeing and need a basic, clean and well located hotel. the staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was of good quality (continental-no hot dishes), and the reception/breakfast/bar area was bright, trendy and had a nice view. Our room was very small (2 suitcases on the floor took up most of the real estate) but we were there only to rest or sleep. In the summer, ask for a room facing south because there is no air conditioning and Gumpendorferstr (north side) is a busy street so it was noisy. For the price it was tolerable. location is good, away from the tourist district so cheaper restaurants nearby, and only 3 Ubahn stops to the main square (2 to the palace/museum district).

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
italy
Reviewed 21 March 2010

room : quite big, clean, unfortunately my room was too noisy because the window was right on the street.
position: very good, close to everything.
the hotel: the lobby is on the 6th floor of a building, there is a nice terrace where you can have your breakfast served.
I payed 80 euro for a double room breakfast included, I think it was a very good deal!
ps. there was free wifi in the room!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
romania
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We were last week and it was awful because the housekeepers steal the money if you let you wallet in the rooms. During the breakfast we let the wallet in the room and after we come back, you saw that some money missing. The only people that enter in our room were the housekeeprs. Shame for a four stars hotel!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nicucristina80

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed in Bella Vienna for three nights and felt comfortable and satisfied there.
I booked a standard single room but I guess they provided me a double room. The space is really spacious for me and the room is very clean and modern-equipped. The wifi internet is free and works well.
The breakfast included in the price is good. I really like smoked salmon.
It's location is very good. Quite near Mariahilfergasse and easy to get to U3 and U4 by walking.
I will book their room if I go to Vienna again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Uherske Hradiste
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We booked a double bed room at HRS for a reasonable price considering the great location and level of the hotel. This hotel is located 2 min of walking from Mariahilferstrasse and it is placed in a regular apartment house on 4th floor. We arrived by car and the first impression from the building was not the best. However we went to the parking gate, called the reception and parked the car on a safety place in the open basement. The reception looks more like an office than a classical hotel reception. It is actually not a classical hotel so we did no mind. I would say that the rooms were made of apartments so they are extremely roomy. Equipment of the room and bathroom was modern, new and very clean.
We did not look for a hotel with restaurants or swimming pool for this trip. We just wanted to sleep in a quiet, clean, hi-standard hotel nearby the center of Vienna. This hotel perfectly matched our requirements and we were absolutely satisfied.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Went with my wife for my honeymoon. We´ve booked a double room standar and when we arrive to the hotel, they told us that the room was not available, so they gave us a confort room: INCREDIBLE. Huge, modern, clean, quiet, safe, VERY GOOD price for the rooms they offer.
The location is great. Two blocks from Marienhilfer Strs., 2 blocks from Ubahn. (15 minutes walking from RingStrs).
Of course I´ll be back to BellaVienna.
If you´re arriving after 23.00 do not forget to tell them, because you need a electronic key to enter the building. (the building is no so nice when you arrive, but once you enter your room you´ll know I´was right about this hotel).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 14 November 2008

I was looking for a place in the 55 Euro range that was close to the west train station and found Bella on the HRS site used by DB Bahn, the German train system. Turned out it was also within walking distance of all the main sites (St Stephen's Cathedral, the Opera House, etc). Plus there were lots of coffee houses nearby. For the 55 Euros, I got a two room unit with free wi-fi, a big screen TV and a fridge. Everything, including the bathroom fixtures, looked brand new. Did not use the TV much because none of the channels were in English. The unit was to the rear of the building and very quiet. I skipped the breakfast option figuring the local bakeries would be better and cheaper. When I asked the staff for directions to the South train station, they went an extra step and went on-line to print out the timetable for trains going to my next destination. The front desk is not manned late at night (the DB site does show the check-in time ends at 11 pm), so if you expect to arrive after 11 pm, you may, as the earlier posters did, have a problem.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no English language channels on the tv
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)