“Great Hotel in a Fantastic City”
Review of Novotel Wien City

Novotel Wien City
Ranked #129 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is located along busy streets, but soundproofing was good and noise was not a problem. I had a nice room at a corner with windows facing two directions. Room was big enough, comfy and very clean. Weather was quite hot, but the air conditioning did its job. Free wi-fi worked well all the time.

The staff was very helpful when I arrived and I was able to get a room before noon. Checking out also went smoothly. Breakfast was ok although a bit expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Linda_Pokorny, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Novotel Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,

Receiving nice feedback is always motivating for us, so thank you very very much for these esteemed words. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service met you expectations.

I will of course share your comments with my collegues. As we strive to improve our quality of service, I am sure that your words will serve as an encouragement for all our team members.

Once again I would like to thank you very much for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here one night while travelling. The room and facilities were excellent, the buffet breakfast was really lovely and the staff were very kind and friendly to our small children. Would be very happy to stay again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Wien City. We very much appriciate your positiv feedback and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the Novotel Wien City.

Guest Relation Manger

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall experience at the hotel itself was fine. However the taxi they called to go to the airport seemed not to be official. While driving he removed his taxi sign from the vehicle roof and made other internal adjustments (while swerving dangerously in traffic). He then avoided a police control at the entrance to the airport, going around a side route twice, all the while on the phone. Then he dropped me off at the entrance to the parking lot instead of going to the departures level and stopping at the door as a normal taxi would. Fortunately there was plenty of time to spare before my flight, and I had very little luggage; at this point I just wanted to get away, so I walked through the parking lot and went up in what seems to be the one lift from the arrivals level.

Room Tip: Corner "executive" rooms have smaller bathrooms and access to the closet is a bit tight as...

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in Vienna. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Novotel Wien City and that we were able to provide you with an satisfying service.

However, I am really sorry to hear that you had bad expericences with the taxi driver. As we do not have our own taxi crew, we need to call a public cab and so had no chance to influence the quality of the taxi driver. I will of course forward your comments to the head office of the cab.

Once again I would like to apologize for the caused inconvienences and say thank you to your positiv feedback regarding our hotel. I hope we will meet in Vienna next time.

Guest Relation Manger

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here for 5 days while doing a job in Vienna. The hotel is smart and efficient, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The location is close to public transport (U Bahn is about 180 metres away) and there are several good value restaurants close by. Given that my stay was during the run up to Christmas and included a weekend, the price was extremely reasonable. I would certainly recommend this hotel as a base for a trip to this wonderful city and will certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Linda_Pokorny, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Novotel Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your stay at our Novotel Wien City. We really appriciate your positive feedback.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As the satisfaction of our guests is our priority, your positiv comments will serve as as an encouragement to all of our staff members. I will of course forward them to my collegues.

I am looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Novotel vienna ( 5-10.6.2014 ) . Great location - 100m from undergraund red line - you can travel all over vienna with the undergraund . The hotel is very clean, Room was very comfortable and modern. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast very delicious .Wi-Fi at the hotel rooms was very good .

Room Tip: High floors = less noise .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda_Pokorny, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Novotel Wien City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Wien City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you in our Novotel Wien City again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We upgraded to an executive room on the 8th floor in order to get a bit more space. At only an extra €20/night we felt it was worth it. Good cheap Italian restaurant (Vapiano) next door. The in house restaurant is over priced.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

We really appriciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel Wien City.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure for us to recieve positiv feedback.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward welcoming you in our hotel again.