Plachutta Wollzeile
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We wondered into to this busy restaurant last night and were immediately seated (with another couple at the other end of our table and luckily they were very nice and actually helpful). We waited over 10 minutes for our server to come over and take our order and he did not ask if we wanted beverages but stood ready to take our order. So we grabbed the chance and order drinks and our meals and I asked for water. It was another 20 minutes and requests to another (far more pleasant server than our rude and disinterested server Daniel Kellner) that we finally were served and my appetizer came out and still no water and no beverages! I remarked to Daniel our server that I thought he had forgotten about us and he replied in a surly tone that he had not... no apology no explanation. And so it went. The food was great but the service was awful. We actually would return and be more assertive to just seek out the manager and request a different server. My mushroom appetizer was delicious and the Wiener Schnitzels was excellent. My husband had the traditional boiled beef which he loved. We were a little surprised by all the extra charges on our bill for "covert" charges of 2.9 euros each as well as all kinds of add ins for his side dishes we believed came with the boiled beef. Avoid this surly server and this would be an excellent meal!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,861)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Tafelspitz and all it's variations from the menu deserve a try.
We had a delightful and tasty dinner very well served.
Any other words are worthless.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent, professional and friendly service. Visiting from the US, we always go there at least once when in town. The beef dish called Tafelspitz, boiled in consomne, is available in a variety of cuts and is highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

By chance we visited this restaurant and was very surprised how nice it was! Excellent service and we were recomended their Tafelspitz with no regrets what so ever! I even got the recipe and instructions how to eat it!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We so enjoyed our meal, we returned a few days later! Having read a couple of negative reviews, I was not sure what to expect, but we loved the food, and found the waiters well spoken and helpful. I liked the atmosphere on both occasions, and will visit again.

1  Thank Horse91dancer