“Great Schnitzel, But That's All”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Brezlg'woelb

Brezlg'woelb
Ranked #235 of 4,106 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Inner City
WAUWATOSA
“Great Schnitzel, But That's All”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and daughters made this our first stop in Vienna based on a recommendation from my daughter's friend who studied here. Her recommendation about the schnitzel was spot on. It was great, tender and delicious.
However, every thing else was spotty at best. The goulash was very salty and the dumpling very heavy. The biggest problem was the waiter. I know attitude is part of Vienna, but not bringing things we ordered, serving us the wrong dish and then denying it is not acceptable anywhere. One of my daughters is a vegetarian and there were a number of options on the menu. She ordered a sheep's cheese and zucchini dish. Instead she was served chicken strips. When we asked the waiter if this was sheep's cheese he insisted that it was. It was only at the end of the meal that he admitted it was the wrong dish.
There must be places where the schnitzel is good and you actually get what you order.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Charming atmosphere and good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Found this restaurant in a guidebook for my visit to Vienna. It is kind of tucked away behind Am Hof so you have to look for it. I went there for my last night in Vienna and wanted some traditional food. I found both the service as well as the food very good. I ordered the roast joint with potatoes and the fruit pancakes (crepe) for desert. The service was very good and when asked they produced a menu in English. When I mentioned to the waitress that I found their restaurant in my guidebook she became very excited that they were listed and took me downstairs to their cellar location. They have another area downstairs that is used for dining as well (I was there rather early in the evening so they had not started to use it yet). The place has charming atmosphere (dates from the 16th century). I would recommend a visit here for both the food, the atmosphere and the service. Additionally, there are also tables outside for both dinner and drinks but since it was a windy evening I opted for an inside table.

• Visited May 2014
“Dont go there,worst restaurant in Vienna”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Worst restaurant in Vienna, took two hours to get the food and when we complain the waitress answers us the worst way possible and arguing with us,not recognising their mistake.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Julia L
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Atmospheric, worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had trouble finding this initially, key navigation point to bear in mind is that it is just around the back of Am Hof. It was just what we were looking for with a great atmosphere, good food and service. Would recommend booking as seems to be well frequented, we booked in the afternoon and there were just two tables available.

Visited April 2014
“Excellent value and interesting building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

As previous reviews have commented, this restaurant has a very unusual lower floor eating area. It's in a really old vaulted basement - quite atmospheric with only candlelight.
Food is not spectacular, but is excellent value. Pretzels are really good! Goulash was also nice. Would thoroughly recommend.

Visited April 2014