“Bad Service”

Schnitzelwirt
Ranked #76 of 4,109 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European, German
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Neubau
Vienna, Austria
“Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The schnitzel is acceptable but service is not. I really hate like this behavior which is 'we don't need no more customers'. Go for different alternative...

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hudson, New York
“Go eat some Schnitzellll bitte”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Yes, it is indeed hot and smoky inside, but that is part of the experience!! I lived in Wien in the 5th for the past year and we would mosey over to Schnitzelwirt whenever we had a craving for some gigantic Schnitzel and tasty Krautsalat!!

You are often seated with other people, it's normal, just be social. It's actually quite fun! We were all german-speaking students so we made lots of friends and met many people visiting or living nearby. The wait staff is crazy but in a fun way, there is one waiter who you will know when you see him, he yells random things out and would walk by and dump more beer into our glasses.

The Cordon Bleu Schnitzel....look out. That thing is a monster haha I got it once after a group of old men that were seated at our table all ordered it and I couldn't resist. It's HUGE!!! You could inflict serious damage on someone with one of those, but aahhh sooo good! The cheese never solidifies, I don't understand. It will be gooey and melty the entire time you're working your way through that bad boy and it is great. The normal Wiener Schnitzel is served to you as two gigantic pieces and the Cordon Bleu is like they take pieces those sizes as the outsides and in the middle of the Schnitzel situation is all the cheese and ham. Just realized I have no pics of the Schnitzel there, I'm always too busy eating it!!

You have to ask if you need something, don't expect staff to be all over you, it's not the way!

and make sure to wash down with a Radler!!

oh also it's super cheap woohoo

I highly recommend as a fun, casual, delicious Schnitzel chowdown location !!

Oslo, Norway
“meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

im sorry but i thought that would be better. they only have fried food. the dont serve the drink in the bottle so im not sure if i drank fanta or another similar... we were only three but we satdown with 2 others, i found it extrange....
the restaurant smells like smoke and oil... but the portions are really big!!!

1 Thank john l
Antwerp, Belgium
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited this place according the reviews on TA to try an authentical schnitzel in Vienna.
So, it was a very big mistake .... the "restaurant" - I would say a regular cantine is hot, with a half-open kitchen, so the smell of baked meat is hanging all around. It is not cosy at all, the tables are big for 5 - 6 persons, so you will have to share it with other people (I read about it, but still hoped it will be OK), so if you share a table you have to seat next to each other with your partner, not accros. The service is terrible, I have never experienced something like that - the "welcoming" is : - You sit here - and the waiter desappered, after he returned he could hardly listen to the order and went away before we could say completely what we wanted...
The schnitzel was Ok, the portion huge, but there is no atmosphere in that place, it not cosy, most unfriendly waiter I have ever seen .
For me a visit to a restaurant is about food + service + atmosphere, so here u get only ridiculosely huge portions in an unfriendly, uncosy place. So, peolple, in Vienna must be more nice places to spend an evening, avoid Schnitzelwirt!

New York City, New York
“Can't Leave Vienna Without It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Heavenly! This place is really incredible and one of my favorite. The flavors are so fresh and juicy and crispy all at the same time. 100% recommend!

1 Thank 930briank