“Perfect location to enjoy Vienna”
Review of The Ring Hotel

The Ring Hotel
Ranked #26 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect location to enjoy Vienna”
Reviewed 1 December 2009

My family is originally from Austria and I grew up visiting relatives most summers, so when it came time to take my wife to Vienna for the first time I wanted a hotel that would be relaxing and luxurious while allowing us easy walking access to sights and restaurants, not to mention cafes, for the best experience of Vienna possible. In The Ring, we found a hotel in Vienna that will be our home base for every visit to come!

From check-in through to when we finally had to leave, the experience at The Ring was without compare. The front desk help was fluent in English but put up with my mangled German as well. The room was outstanding, roomy and clean, with complimentary water and espresso in the room (perfect way to start the morning in Vienna, a double espresso to get you out the door and to the coffee shop!). The bathroom was clean, bright, and wonderfully designed & appointed. Oh, and the hotel has the most insanely comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure to sleep on, we even asked the management about the beds, which they were more than pleased to tell us about, though the cost means we won't be buying one anytime soon, guess we'll just have to go back to The Ring!

The hotel is very hip and sophisticated, but the staff and environment is never elitist or unwelcoming. The night we arrived there was a party at the bar, a launch for a ski company's line, great if you're into the nightlife, but also not distracting for homebodies like my wife and me. I ate at the excellent restaurant in the hotel, "At Eight", several times during our stay, twice for dinner with my wife and twice for breakfast meetings. Each meal was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent every time.

The location is excellent, steps away from the opera house and the Kartnerstrasse, and my wife and I took nightly strolls along the Ringstrasse, often stopping at Café Schwarzenberg just down the street for dessert and a nightcap. Overall, an excellent experience, the best place to stay for a Vienna vacation.

2 Thank chionodoxa
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2009
Dear 'chionodoxa', great review, many thanks, it is great to read that we made your stay in Vienna to an unforgettable one. Hope to welcome you back soon! Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We stayed in this hotel during our recent weekend trip to Vienna and found it to be excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful, right from my phone call to advise of our late arrival through to check in and check out. The rooms were spotlessly clean, modern and very well decorated. The hotel is right on the Ringstrasse and within short walking distance of all places of interest in the city centre. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liam023
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2009
Dear 'Liam023', thank you so much for your kind words on your stay with us. It is that nice to read that you state that The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel is one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in...that is great news! Hope to see welcome you back soon! Best regards!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2009

What a fabulous hotel! My husband and I stayed at the Ring during our 5 night stay in Vienna and it made our trip so incredibly special. When making the reservation, my husband mentioned that I am pregnant and upon check-in, I was told that the hotel would be treating me to a complimentary prenatal massage! We also received a complimentary upgrade to the X-Ordinary room which was gorgeous, spacious and immaculate with a beautiful view to the Ringstrasse. The luxurious king size bed was pure heaven, I've never slept better in my life.

A few other noteworthy points about the room: comfy robes and slippers, Nespresso machine with several coffee options, large bottle of complimentary water provided daily, Molton Brown bath products, toilet & bidet in a separate room from shower/bath, turndown service with chocolates on the pillows, free wi-fi access, plenty of drawers and closet space.

The location of the Ring hotel couldn't be better. It is a block from the Opera House, walking distance to the main shopping area, St. Stephen's Cathedral and countless restaurants and cafes. The hotel's restaurant is also fantastic. We enjoyed it so much that we dined there twice and they were two of the best meals we had in Vienna. Staying at the Ring was an absolute pleasure and I can't imagine staying anywhere else the next time we visit Vienna. If you're considering staying at the Ring, do not hesitate and book your reservation. Rest assured, you're in very good hands.

2 Thank miaQthomas
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2009
Dear 'miaQthomas', this is such a great review, many many thanks! We hope you enjoyed your massage and your upgrade and we are very much looking forward welcoming you again at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel.....this time perhaps as family with kid(s).......best regards
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The Ring was stylishly appointed, but disorganized and overall average.

The computer (one) in the lobby with free internet was very nice.

My room was okay. Comfortable bed. Very slow shower drain - it flooded the bathroom.

I asked for a wake-up call . It was forgotten the first night. The second morning I did get the wake-up call. My room rate included breakfast, which I specifically asked the front desk about. They told me it was not included only to find out at check out that my room did include breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Geetika
Dear 'Geetika', thank you for your precious feedback on your stay at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel. I am sorry to read that you find the hotel operations disorganised, especially the wake-up call issues are not standard and should be handled properly. I do apologize for any inconveniences caused and do hope to welcome you again at our hotel so that we can show that we are better and can do better! Best regards
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We had made a reservation at The Ring Hotel for 2 nights, but due to getting bored in Budapest we decided to head straight to Vienna and had to move up the dates of our original stay. The assistant manager Carl-Peter was more than accomodating for us, even though they were sold out due to a large convention. We got the last room! We received a warm greeting when we arrived, and our room was completely appointed with the latest amenitites. We also had purchased tickets to The Spanish Riding School, and were able to have them delivered to the hotel (prior to our stay) where they were waiting upon our arrival. The staff was so helpful with dining suggestions, directions, etc. I had to email them when we departed to thank them for a wonderful stay, and also to ask where I could purchase the "uber-soft" pillows that were on our bed. I couldn't believe how comfortable they were!! Carl-Peter put me in contact with the manufacturer and I had them shipped back to the states. Can't even wait for them to arrive...it will be a nice reminder of a wonderful stay in Vienna!!

1 Thank promogirl11
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2009
Dear 'promogirl11', what a wonderful review, thank you so much, I hope you already had a chance to enjoy the pillows. Looking forward welcoming you again at our o-so-wonderful hotel! Best regards!
Toronto
Reviewed 1 October 2009

My fiancé were travelling throughout Central and Eastern Europe for the month of September. We stayed at The Ring in Vienna and it was the most memorable of all the hotels on our trip.

The hotel combines both casual and luxury - the best of two worlds. It isn’t the stuffiness that you would commonly expect in many hotels in Vienna yet it has all the luxurious you want for a 5 star hotel.

The service is excellent and the staff are really friendly.

The hotel is housed in a beautiful historical building from the 19th century. It looks especially amazing at night!

It's situated in the centre of the city's attractions, restaurants, and shops which is really convenient.

Overall, it's a great hotel and I would gladly return on my next visit to Vienna. :)

Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2009
Dear 'worldfoodtraveller', thank you so much for your great review on your stay with us. We also appreciate your article on our hotel and your experiences at our restaurant at your blog, again many many thanks!
siciliy
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed there together with my boyfriend and my work colleagues for 3 nights in December, short before Christmas. The hotel is modern simple, casual but of very good taste. The room was quiet large, with view on the Kartnerring, the bed was AMAZING, large, soft like feather, lots of cushions in nice colors. The bathroom was quite small, but modern, all functioned perfectly, perfumed soaps, shampoos. The room service was excellent, they cleaned the room every day, perfectly, nothing to be reproached.
The hotel is very central, minutes away from the Opera, from Karlplatz and Stephankirche.
The breakfast was nice but too costly, and incredibly the reception charged us the breakfast, even if my company was paying for everything! I didn't like that!
The reception guys weren't very helpful when we complained about it and insisted that we paid for it.
What we really liked was that we had wireless internet, a large TV screen which included a menu with music, music videos, really nice!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank ionisilv
Hotelfan69, Manager at The Ring Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2009
Dear 'Ionisilv', many thanks for your review, I appreciate it very much that your write your comments even after your stay in December 2008. The bed is indeed amazing, many guests do compliment us not only on our beds, but also on our bathrooms and amenities. I do apologize for what happened at breakfast, please be assured that this will not happen again. I am looking forward welcoming you again in the near future at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel! Best regards