“Best hotel”

Ranked #26 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Vienna, Austria
“Best hotel”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Amazing service, pricy offer. Perfect location in the city centre.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Hotelfan69, General Manager at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 10 December 2010
Dear 'ancafloria', thank you very much for your review, you kept it short but you took the right words, thank you for that! Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2010

One of the best hotels I've stayed in to date. The reception staff were extremely welcoming and I was warned about the bed - that it was very comfortable and I might have issues getting up in the morning. They were right I slept, the bed you seemed to float on and the duvet made you very cozy. The room was eloquently furnish and had a walk-in wardrobe, bathroom and separate toilet (which I really like the idea of). When I travel to any hotel the one aspect I don't like is when they give you small towels - The Ring did not let me down, the towels was bathsheet size, with the hotel name embossed on it. The bathroom also had underfloor heating, twin sinks and a well size bath tub with a monsoon shower head. In the wardrobe room there was ample room for clothes, also the mini-bar, safe and refreshment centre complete with complementary bottled water and a nespresso machine. The view from the room was of the courtyard area. The hotel has an in-house bar and restaurant, again the staff were extremely welcoming. What did impress me about the restaurant was the chef , he's only 23 and produces some superb mouthwatering dishes. Also the restaurant has two themes, in the morning it's has a bright deco and fabrics, then in the evening the restaurant re-dresses and the decor is more intimate and warm.

This was my first trip to Vienna, certainly not my last, and The Ring is no 1 on my list of places to stay when I next return

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank PinkPrincess78
Dear 'PinkPrincess78', this is a great review for which I thank you very much! I deeply appreciate your comments on the bed as well as the towels, the detailed descriptions on the room and the room amenities as well as your comments on our staff. Good to read that you did put our hotel No. 1 on your list for your next stay/trip in/to Vienna, and I do hope I find the time to welcome you personally. Best regards
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2010

GOOD: The size of the room and comfort of the bed was very good. The restaurant was excellent - had a wonderful dinner there. The front desk coordinator was friendly and helpful. Great location across from the Opera House and a block from the subway station.

BAD: The bathroom was inadequate. The shower basin had no enclosure and the entire tiny room filled up with water and there was no drain, and no place to get rid of humidity. Very limited number of power outlets - nothing in the bathroom, and nothing near a mirror. Our non-smoking room was filled with smoke from adjacent rooms every 20 minutes (I assume everytime our neighbors lit up). All TV in English required payment. The price was quite high for the quality of the accomodations and amentities.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seattlearc
Hotelfan69, General Manager at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
Dear 'seattlearc', thank you very much for your constructive feedback, we appreciate your comments very much. Until today we have never received such negative comments on the bathrooms, hence we will analyse these immediately. As for the smoking eg non-smoking policy, the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor are smoking rooms, I do hope you received a room on the other floors, if that is the case we had guests who ignored our policy, if it was not the case than I do apologize. as for the TV programs, all normal channels do not require payment, only the Pay-TV channels. As for the prices, these are absolutely in-line compared to our competitors as well as the hotel and its facilities. I do appreciate your positive comments, I personally think these are our USP's and worthwhile mentioning, and I am looking forward welcoming you again in the near future at our hotel. Best regards!
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Greeted by Front Desk Manager Helene. She is wonderful!! She truly is a credit to the hotel and gives great customer service! Any request I had, (including a hair appt.) she took care of. Roland, Director of Sales, is also a lovely human being and can answer any question about the hotel. The lobby is deceiving. It is not impressive as other "classical" hotels in the area. However, you open the door to your room (I had #303), and your jaw drops! Huge room with tall ceiling and a wonderful bed (got great sleep!). Plenty of lights, even the place to hang your clothes had a bar that lit up when you walked by. Espresso Machine, bottled water, fridge, turn-down service every night with a floor mat and slippers placed beside the bed and a chocolate left on the pillow. The bathroom was split into two spaces - toilet and bidet on one side, sink and shower on the other. At breakfast, you could order eggs and omelettes to your liking. They have free internet access in the lobby and a large book for leaving comments and/or expressing yourself. I would only have a few suggestions: 1. trying to find an English channel on the TV was difficult (perhaps a sheet of instructions?), 2. a housekeeper more careful when cleaning the bathroom (she dropped and ruined some make-up but Helene reimbursed me when I bought replacements), 3. a lobby more fitting with the wow factor of the rooms. Nice location right on the ring made it easy to walk anywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Hotelfan69, General Manager at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Dear 'beav16', this is a great review, I am so happy to read it! I am delighted to learn that you loved your room as well as the staff. As to your comments on our lobby, unfortunately, as you might have noticed, the hotel is built in a U-shape, which means limited space for the lobby, yet cosy....I did take notice of your 2 suggestions and will verify these myself. Thank you again for recommending us, I am also hoping you will visit us again the next time when you plan a trip to Vienna, best regards!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My husband and I were staying at the Ring hotel for 5 nights from Nov 1-6, 2010. I have to thank the other reviewers of this hotel for this great find! Location is really good! Very convenient to the U and within walking distance to a lot of good restaurants. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful! There was always a friendly hello/good morning/good night when we passed by the front desk. We were very impressed with their service! Breakfast was good. The staff at the restaurant were also very nice, polite and attentive! Even though the food serving may be a bit slow, but the food quality was good. We had a fantastic trip!

We will definitely stay there again if we go to Vienna in the future!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear 'tweetymai', great review, many thanks!! Your review does proof that guests do visit Tripadvisor to see what other guests do write about a specific hotel. I thank you for all your comments on our facilities and services and I am also happy to read that you had a fantastic trip. Looking forward welcoming you again in the very near future, I remain, best regards!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 November 2010

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel. The staff was very friendly. Our X-ordinary room was quite spacious for European standards and very well maintained. This is not a five star hotel but very good value for money. The restaurant is mediocre, but the bar very trendy. The location is very central. The hotel met all our expectations. We will return again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear 'HA1966', thank you so much for your review, good to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel, that the staff was friendly and that your room (category X-ordinary) was spacious. We decided not to classify ourselves as 5-star hotel due to different regulations for companies that are not allowed to book 5-star hotels, companies with travellers which we cannot dissappoint. However we offer the full 5-star services and facilities. I am very happy that we did meet your expectations and I am looking forward welcoming you again at our hotel in the very near future. Best regards!
zurich
Reviewed 6 November 2010

my local colleagues picked out this hotel which has opened not too long ago. if you are looking for an afordable five star hotel and are bored of the usual chains, go to the ring hotel when visiting vienna! the front desk welcomes you warmly, you feel home away from home in an instant. the hotel isn't too big which helps for the individual experience. the rooms are modern, fully equipped and very nicely designed. breakfast is a treat, the service great, not much more to add.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Hotelfan69, General Manager at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
Dear 'lkjhgZurich', great review, many thanks, much appreciated!! You are absolutely right with what you wrote, I cannot add more hence that I would be delighted to welcome you again@The Ring for your next trip, business or leisure. Best regards!