“Ate heartly!!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

After so much touring found out a very good South Indian restaurant

Though IDLIS area not as soft but sambhar amd chutney make up for it

They serve variety of food and we enjoyed it very much

Highly recommended. .. just a short walk from RATHAUS STATION or Flemings Deluxe Hotel where we stayed

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I went there with some local friends for the Running Curry Saturday. The idea is good: you book a table, come at 12.30 and then you are served various currys. Unfortunately this lasts 3 hours, which I found too long. The portions are also relatively small. Most of the served dishes are not too spicy (2 where really hot), but I felt like something was missing. The service was average. We didn't always get explanations regarding what we were eating, which I found unfortunate in such a tasting context.

I am not sure I would recommend going there for the Running Curry, but the restaurant itself seems a good place to eat. I would like to give it a second try.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

The vegetarian dish was tasteless, while some of it was spicy. Oil and rice may be vegetarian, but not something i'd like to eat.
The seafood was generic out of the fridge. Kind of hard to chew.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Curry Insel is Restaurant which offers a varity of dishes from Sri Lanka. We went there as group of 5 People and ordered plate with different vegetarian and meat dishes. The plate came with 2 different types of Rice and 2 different types of Naan. If a dish is empty you get a free fill up. If you like to eat spicy they can also make it original spicy which is really hot. The Service was also very good and because of the good weather we could sit outside in the Gastgarden. I will for sure come back.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

While there is a nice selection dishes I found them rather bland in taste especially for sri Lanka dishes.
Spent 40 euro for 1 Big dish plus selection of picks dessert and a small mango lassi.

All together it was a change but i will be looking for a better place.