“Thai in Vienna”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I wanted something other than Austrian food after travelling in the country for a couple of weeks. Siam ticked all the boxes, the restaurant was clean and well appointed, the food was great and the price was reasonable. We had two salads, two different rices, two mains and a bottle of wine for 59 Euro. The service and atmosphere were great. The restaurant is located centrally and 100m from the Opera house. We will certainly revisit next time we are in Vienna.

1  Thank Tim D

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Excellent thai restaurant in the middle of Vienna.

The owner was very nice with us :)

Moreover the price was really fair, definitly a place to go when passing by or staying in Vienna!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This restaurant is in a convenient location near Karlsplatz and the Muzikverein in Vienna. It is a large restaurant with lots of Thai-style decorations. The kitchen is open until late so it is convenient for an after-theater dinner. Good and friendly service.

I visited with a friend. The food was OK but certainly not the best Thai in Vienna. I wonder about the preparation methods as I ordered some spring rolls for starters and they were delivered to the table immediately, so they must have been prepared earlier and partly cooked earlier as well. My friend ordered some noodles which looked a little boring as there was not much meat or vegetable (cooked with the noodles). I ordered a red curry which was OK but a little sweet. We were not offered any condiments with either our starters nor main meals which was disappointing. Not a bad choice but you can find better Thai in Vienna.

2  Thank runsammie
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Authentic thai restaurant but average quality of food. A little bit too sweet from the original one.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

SIAM restaurant was the first Thai restaurant I went to while in Vienna. It is centrally located in the city centre, within the Karlplatz area and it can be easily seen due to the big restaurant sign in front. Inside, the restaurant is large with many seating places. Decor is quite Thai-ish. Service is OK. I find the food to be average, not really authentically Thai. Hence, I will not visit this place again.

Opening hours from Mondays to Sundays from 11.30-15.00 and 17.30-24.00 hours.
Saturday closed at noon, Kitchen closes 30 min before closing time.

Address: 1010 Vienna, Bösendorferstrasse 2-4
Directions: Metro U1, U2, U4 at Karlplatz station; Bösendorferstrasse is parallel to Kartner Ring/Opernring.
Phone: +43-1-505 38 46