“Good Food and Real Italians!”
Review of Sole

Sole
Ranked #138 of 4,473 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Found this restaurant by chance (as had been recommended to another which was really pricey) and was very impressed. We spend a lot of time in Italy (2-3 times a year) and the food here was very good and represented true Italy rather than tourist fare. The "boss" and staff are real Italians too and gave every effort to make you feel welcome and valued customers. We liked it so much, we went back again later in the week ............ and typically Italian were treated like long lost family. Not cheap but highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I went for a late dinner. The restaurant is easily located and appeared very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The inside ambiance was nice. I was hoping for some good pasta, but my gnocchi was on the heavy side and the Gorgonzola sauce was gluey. I didn't finish my generous 13,5€ serving. My dining companion had 13,5€ tagliatelle tonno. He thought the dish average, but finished it. The margarita pizza was a thin crust and also average. The basil component was non existent, and if present was dried. We were offered bottled water, but I noticed all the other tables were drinking tap water in carafes. There were plenty of locals in the restaurant, but we apparently didn't pick the best options. Two pasta courses, a pizza, bottled water, and house wine. 57€

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Nice ambience good to very good food exzellent location in the center of the city
Place for family events

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

First, they accepted us at 11pm, which for Vienna is reeeaally late, thanks you for this - Grazie ragazzi!! Soups were just ok, but pasta was really good - for Vienna and great Tiramissu, nice vine and grappa, overal a good Italian break from heavy Austrian food!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Having dined at Sole when in Vienna this summer, we wished to confirm that our excellent experience could be repeated - and it could. The staff are perfect at service, and the food is superb. We both had Vitello Tonato for starters, at Sole's VT surpass my wifes in her own words, so it can't be better. Our routes diverted for the main course. My wife had kalf's liver, which as tender as can be, and I repeated my experience of what is probably the best gnochi in gorgonzola I have ever had again. We will be back.