“A home away from home”

Hotel Pension Bosch
Ranked #100 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I arrived at Pansion Bosch, after 20 hours of travel, very tired and not feeling well. The proprietress greeted me at the curb as the taxi pulled up. She then proceeded to argue with the driver about the fare, telling him he was charging me too much. She gave me a lovely, quiet, cool room and brought me some tea and fruit, then told me I could officially check in after I had had a chance to rest. This was all incredibly kind.

The location is just south of the city center, by the Belvedere gardens. It is very well served by public transportation, so getting to almost any location in Vienna is easy and only takes one transfer at most. (take the "O" or the #71 tram depending upon destination, both stops are within 3 minutes walk from the front door).

The room itself had hardwood parquet floors with an occasional carpet, high ceilings, large double windows and was very clean. The mattress and duvet are traditional, but very comfortable. I have terrible allergies, so try to select places without carpeting. I had no trouble here at all.

Breakfast was included in the price and served in a lovely room. Nice selection, at an easy pace.

I would definitely stay here again, and I thank the two ladies who own and run Pansion Bosch!

Room Tip: I was in room 1. It is on the lower floor, and looks out into a very small courtyard. Nothing exci...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Djevojka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Barbara Bosch is very nice and very witty! The room and hotel were very clean, the food was good and it was in a good location. Access was very easy to the inner ring of Vienna. I recommend this hotel. Barbary works very hard here including being a good concierge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank byuaceman
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed in pension for 5 nights. I knew not to expect much but I did not plan on spending much time in my room. I booked my trip through booking.com and in description it said there is a lap top safe and wifi . I did not have any and any time I went to inquire about the WiFi I was told that this never happened before of course I love to hear that I'm the first it happened to. Needless to say I did not have nay WiFi to get in touch back home to my daughter. I just wished they would be more specific with their description on booking.com.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Winks99
Oatlands, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights, and found this Pension to be comfortable and cosy. Nothing like staying in a major hotel chain, but nice and relaxed and friendly. The owner is very helpful in all things, advising on eateries, transport, sightseeing. Rooms are nicely furnished and homely. All in all a nice stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank timnbob2012
Dublin
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Could not recommend more - great to stay in a genuine pension as opposed to a corporate hotel.
Rooms were spotless, beds extremely comfortable, wifi reception excellent, breakfast good and hospitality wonderful. Thank you Barbara, I will be back when next in Wien!

Room Tip: Call direct rather than booking on line as you will get a better rate and the owner will not have to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank aardvaark
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This charming hotel in a beautiful building from 1900 is charming, clean and quiet. Excellent and big breakfast. Very good and friendly service. We will soon stay there again and will recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 60Marianne
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were very happy to stay in this hotel 6 nights. The host was very friendly and helpful, the service was good. Rooms were clean. Wi-fi was available. The breakfest was quit good.
The location is perfect for vacation - not far of the centre of city, near by the beautiful and picturesque Belveder with wonderful Botanical garden. Our vacation was really great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends