“Quiet, central location.”

Hotel Pension Bosch
Ranked #92 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just spent 3 nights at the Bosch with a friend. We were delighted with the central location and public transport is easily reached. The hotel is nearly 100 years old, furnished with antiques and is full of old world charm. Our room was spotless and spacious. The shower had good pressure and was also spotless. The bed was excellent and the linen was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful; fresh fruit salad, breads and excellent jams etc. The owner was a bit brusque to begin with, probably down to the language differences we thought, but we warmed to her. She was very helpful with maps and information, and worked hard to maintain high standards. The complimentary wine in the room on our arrival was a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again if in Vienna.

Room Tip: The wifi can be very slow in the ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pension Bosch

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friend and I shared a Double Room at Hotel Pension Bosch for four days in mid May and had an overall satisfying experience (despite the incredibly bad weather in Vienna during our visit). The hotel is clean, comfortable, and very charming and is in a central location that's a relatively short walk to most of the city's main sights...even if the hotel's neighborhood is a bit on the bland side. They also offered a very nice breakfast every morning. On the less-than-positive side, the bathroom had some quirks we had to get used to (the shower head that wouldn't stay in one place, the occasional lack of hot water). And I would characterize the service as "brusque." The women we interacted with were professional but very business-like and at times a bit pushy. At one point, a woman (I think the owner) interrupted our breakfast to demand our room key, although she offered no explanation for why she wanted it. My friend needed to use the bathroom, so she offered to go to the room with her, which the woman obviously wasn't pleased with. We never did figure out what her motives were. And just a warning about a nearby restaurant, Salm Brau, which the hotel staff might recommend to you. The food was just mediocre, and it was one of my all-time worst customer-service experiences. I won't go into the gory details, but neither my friend nor I could recall the last time we'd been treated so poorly in a dining establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank briguy2006
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I arrived at Pansion Bosch, after 20 hours of travel, very tired and not feeling well. The proprietress greeted me at the curb as the taxi pulled up. She then proceeded to argue with the driver about the fare, telling him he was charging me too much. She gave me a lovely, quiet, cool room and brought me some tea and fruit, then told me I could officially check in after I had had a chance to rest. This was all incredibly kind.

The location is just south of the city center, by the Belvedere gardens. It is very well served by public transportation, so getting to almost any location in Vienna is easy and only takes one transfer at most. (take the "O" or the #71 tram depending upon destination, both stops are within 3 minutes walk from the front door).

The room itself had hardwood parquet floors with an occasional carpet, high ceilings, large double windows and was very clean. The mattress and duvet are traditional, but very comfortable. I have terrible allergies, so try to select places without carpeting. I had no trouble here at all.

Breakfast was included in the price and served in a lovely room. Nice selection, at an easy pace.

I would definitely stay here again, and I thank the two ladies who own and run Pansion Bosch!

Room Tip: I was in room 1. It is on the lower floor, and looks out into a very small courtyard. Nothing exci...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Djevojka
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Barbara Bosch is very nice and very witty! The room and hotel were very clean, the food was good and it was in a good location. Access was very easy to the inner ring of Vienna. I recommend this hotel. Barbary works very hard here including being a good concierge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank byuaceman
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed in pension for 5 nights. I knew not to expect much but I did not plan on spending much time in my room. I booked my trip through booking.com and in description it said there is a lap top safe and wifi . I did not have any and any time I went to inquire about the WiFi I was told that this never happened before of course I love to hear that I'm the first it happened to. Needless to say I did not have nay WiFi to get in touch back home to my daughter. I just wished they would be more specific with their description on booking.com.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Winks99
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights, and found this Pension to be comfortable and cosy. Nothing like staying in a major hotel chain, but nice and relaxed and friendly. The owner is very helpful in all things, advising on eateries, transport, sightseeing. Rooms are nicely furnished and homely. All in all a nice stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank timnbob2012
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Could not recommend more - great to stay in a genuine pension as opposed to a corporate hotel.
Rooms were spotless, beds extremely comfortable, wifi reception excellent, breakfast good and hospitality wonderful. Thank you Barbara, I will be back when next in Wien!

Room Tip: Call direct rather than booking on line as you will get a better rate and the owner will not have to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business