Scandic Victoria Lillehammer
Birkebeineren Hotel & Apartments(Lillehammer)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hunderfossen Hotell & Resort(Faberg)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$112
US$135
US$151
US$131
HI Lillehammer -Stasjonen Hotel(Lillehammer)(Great Value!)
US$103
Camp Lillehammer(Lillehammer)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$92
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfree parkingscandic victoriatiny balconythe main shopping streetbreakfast was amazingtwo double bedsdecent hotelgood sizemin walkincluded breakfaststayed nightsfamily roomwould stay againricamillsthreadcheese
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a nice hotel. We had an easy check-in and went to our room. The room was super hot, with the sun shining on that side of the building. We closed some of the curtains and opened the windows. That helped, but the room didn't cool down until around 3 a.m. It was a nice hotel room. Nothing fancy. The beds were average. We slept, but none of us slept well. The best part about this hotel is the location and the breakfast. They had a nice selection of foods at the buffet. A typical Norwegian buffet, with hard or soft boiled eggs, plus some hot selections, smoked fish, thinly sliced meats, cheeses, fruits, breads, wonderful jams and jellies, cereals, croissants, coffee, tea, juices and milk. We walked all over the downtown area of Lillehammer, which is very nice. On our next trip to Lillehammer, we would stay here again. It was not a 5 star hotel, but it was nice. I should also mention, that we met family at this hotel and they didn't seem as happy with their room. It didn't cool down for them and they didn't sleep well, but they enjoyed the breakfast and the coffee, tea and water that was offered in the lobby.

Room Tip: If you travel during the summer months, open your windows as soon as you get to your room. Then go out and eat or do something. If the sun is shining in the room, close the curtains and hopefully this will cool the room down. No A/C.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Lillehammer was great. However, this review is not about Lillehammer but about the Rica Victoria. OVERPRICED. We paid 1350 NOK for one night. That is almost $250,00 USD. What did we get. A outdated room that didn't look like it was cleaned very well. Check-in was fast but when the receptionist told me how much the room was, she looked like she was ashamed. She should be. This has happened to me more than once in Norway. Nothing really special about the "free" breakfast. Never go there again.

Room Tip: We had to stay at this hotel at the last minute. Go onto a website like Hotels.com to book a room. You will save alot of money. Room was very hot and looked like something from 1970's. When I pay $200.00 + I expect a really nice room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Fourth hotel on our trip.

Lillehammer is a great little town, very picturesque, and also having hosted the Winter Olympics, has all the amenities that are necessar to host such an event.

The Rica Victoria Hotel has a very interesting lobby, check in was quick and easy, again being taken care of by the tour director. Our room was not huge, but not too small, and was at the back of the hotel, overlooking some sort of workshop, but as we were only staying one night it was not an issue, and I thought far enough away from the nightlife, which meant that even if I needed to open the window, their would not be a lot of noise. I was proven wrong in my assumption. Again aircon seemed to be centrally controlled and the room temperature forced me to open the window. There was a lot street noise coming in through the window, not as bad as in Falun, but bad enough to keep me awake for a large chunk of the evening.

The bed was comfortable with a nice thick duvet that would have been great for winter

Breakfast was pretty good, with a reasonable selection.

I would recommend this hotel, but would advise prospective guests to request rooms either overlooking the lake or the ski jump, and on the higher floors

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here for one night on the way to the fjord country. Our triple room in the old Victoria Hotel building was nice and bright, lots of space. Decor is a bit dated but this did not prevent us from enjoying the stay. Breakfast was great. (Getting luggage to our room was a bit of a workout, hotel does not offer bell service so make sure you can carry your stuff on your own.)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have been here before with friends and liked it a lot, but this is the first time I'm here with my children and grand children. A completely new experience, but just as positive. We booked Superior rooms, which were wonderfully big enough for a family of four, spacy and clean and with a charming combination of old and modern times.

Room Tip: For families I recommend Superior rooms, preferably on 4th to 6th floor. Personally, I enjoyed the view of Norway's largest lake, Mjøsa, from my single room on the 4th floor:-)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family