“A good compromise”
Review of Blamann Gastrobar - CLOSED

Blamann Gastrobar
Cuisines: European, Norwegian, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“A good compromise”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I guess "compromise" sounds like we sacrificed something. Well, I had intended to eat at the Bryggerikjellern, but my wife doesn't like beer, so we picked Blamann's as a nice place overhanging the Mesna River - Not so much a sacrifice as assuring we bothe had a good time. We had good seafood soups, which only suffered by comparison to truly great soups we had in Oslo. My wife then had a shrimp sandwich, while I went a grilled chicken and bacon sandwich with brie, salad and potato. Everything was excellent. The service was also great. The server was funny when I ordered a Norwegian beer and he gave me a, "Are you sure?" look. I assured him that I was aware of the shortcomings of the house beer - the brand shall remain nameless. It was the waiter's turn to be amused when I compared the beer in question to a popular but largely tasteless American beer. He understood the comparison.
I would say the cost of the meal was about average for a nice Norwegian restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank HowlnBubba

Lillehammer, Norway
“Good Burgers, Good Mojiots!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Blåmann is a great resturant. The prices are typical Norwegian (pricey!) but the food is good, the atmosphere is good, and the burgers are, too. The service was fairly Americanized (read: meets my expectations for interaction) and the menu had a nice variety not often seen here. We visited as a couple, but this perfectly acceptable for well-behaved chidlren, business lunches, etc. Take-out is available, and students get a 15% discount.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JT S
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food -great value (for Norway)-nice selection of beers”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

5 of us dined here. 1child, 1teen, 2adults and grandma. Great choice of beers from continental lager to Newcastle brown, to marstons stout. Only downside was it took quite a while to get our drinks order. The food was excellent -the waitress told us they did the best burgers in Lillehammer and she was right. Freshly cooked, on thick granary bread both the beef and the chicken were moist and tasty. Would definitely go back

1 Thank Karen S
Lillehammer, Norway
“Very good food and service, and -15 % discount for students”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here to celebrate our birthdays. The food was delicious. I would especially recommend the beef with pepper sauce, and the salmon as starter. The dessert was a real highlight. The chocolate fondant and the tres cremés, with creme brulee and creme caramel, was just excellent. The staff was very helpful, picking out a wonderful wine for us.
The interior was very charming and cozy, and the music was special and funny, but actually went really well with the theme of the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Somoria
Oslo, Norway
“The BEST fish I have tasted (sorry mom)...”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Went here for early dinner on a saturday afternoon. Nice enough inside wiht cozy booths and a rustic athmosphere.
I ordered cod with bacon and I think it's the best choice I could make. It tasted amazing. Just melted in my mouth!

A little high on prices, but with this quality food, worth it!!

• Visited February 2013