“Ok”

HI Lillehammer -Stasjonen Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lillehammer
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed three nights here would only stay one max. Room is large but badly decorated with thin curtains and awful pictures promoting the Olympic stadium. Bathroom smelt and the room wasn't cleaned once in three days. Staff nice and helpful. Handy location but my room faced onto the railway so I was woken up by the trains.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Suzannedublin2013

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was traveling alone and put into a 2 beds room even though I had booked a 4 beds. I was not very happy about that the first night, being not very comfortable with spending the night with only 1 other person. The following two nights, I got the room to myself which I think compensated for getting a different room that the one I had booked. The room itself was clean and quite nice for a hostel. It looked more like a 2-star hotel than a hostel so I was pleasantly surprised. However, the bathroom had a terrible stench (it smelled like sewers). Additionally, the room did not have lockers so I had to carry my valuables with me whenever I left the room (as a precaution. I doubt anything would have happened but I prefer having access to a locker when staying in a hostel). The location was very convenient (inside the train station). I could hear the trains and the buses passing but I already knew that when I reserved the bed. Breakfast was very cheap (only 40 NOK!) and slightly better than most hostels.
The kitchen was also clean (after having been cleaned that is) and didn't seem to be used much. However, I did not like the atmosphere of the hostel. I was expecting a hostel feeling (warm, friendly and inviting especially since I was traveling alone) and was greeted with a cold hotel experience. Thankfully I had a TV in my room.
Overall, the location is excellent and my experience would've been better if I was traveling with other people. The bathroom smell was horrible but the room was good. I would recommend it to people traveling in groups.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vacationtriptraveler
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hostel IS the train-station, so you don't need to go far from the train for your hostel! I had a single room and even though my next neightbour was the train, it wasn't as annoying as I would expect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RobVoi
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A super well renovated hostel in the heart of the town. You can walk to the museum, do lots of shopping and even go to the Olympic Park. The place is quiet. There's a pretty restaurant-cafeteria and a small convenience store on the first step of the hostel. You can also take, the train and the bus right there, this is the Station, so you don't have to walk miles with your backpack. A bit expensive but this is Norway!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SabineDumais
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Great stay. So convenient and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Free wifi and basic but comfortable rooms. Good night sleep. Arrived on the train and it was so easy just to go straight into the hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A clean room and bathroom, very friendly and helpful staff, a simple but good breakfast.
The hostel is right beside the train station so you have to like trains.....
Sentral and very convenient - recommended!

Room Tip: You can have a room over the train station (with a view of the mountains) or a room looking out over...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank marymayOsloNorway
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had a clean room with 2 bunk beds. The matresses were very soft. As we arrived a very hot day and the room was located to the south/west we´d liked to get some fresh air into but the window could hardly be opened but a few centimeters. The self catering kitchen was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the manifold breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family