Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
US$91
View deal
Orbitz.com
eDreamsUS$91
PricelineUS$91
All reviews spent one night town centre ferry luggage reception key linens basket toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed at this hostel in the summer period, for the third year in a row. Very good location on the top of the railway station, just some minutes to walk to the city center. Free parking outside the railway station - just ask the staff which places to choose. The staff has always been friendly and good in english. Good rooms with own bath, towels, toilet and TV. Perhaps the rooms are a little small, if you need to store big suitcases in them. Breakfast is included in the prize, and is served in the railway restaurant. A nice place to have breakfast, if you like to look at trains and travelling people when you are eating. The hostel has a very good common kitchen and big common room for eating, sitting and talking, or reading. Only disadvantage: you can not check in during night.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Erla841
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I don't stay at hostels... enjoy my privacy when traveling... and this helped remind me of that. I was forced into a strange travel situation where my train arrived at 5pm, and I was catching the Hurtigruten at 3am. Plus the temperature was hoovering around freezing, with a rainy-slush storm outside. So... I needed a place to keep my luggage, stay warm, and kill some time. That being said... the hostel was exceptionally clean, and the front desk staff were friendly! It's super convenient to the train station, thus being IN it! And its only a block from the Hurtigruten dock. A 5 minute walk gets you to the main shops in downtown... so the location is wonderful. There seemed to be a strange mix of eight guests in the room that I was staying in... which made the experience kind of "odd". So feel free to take my review with a grain of salt. If I was actually staying for any length of time (or if I return), I would've chosen one of the single rooms (if available).

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hostel is situated in the station building of Bodø, so if you are arriving or leaving by train it is extremely convenient. If you arrive by air, the airport is only a 20-30 minute walk away. The building is not so scenic but inside the corridor is very bright, with the most beautiful photographs of the area on the walls. The bunk beds are comfortable, although in summer when it doesn't really get dark, then it would be better if the curtains were thicker. There is a really neat little shelf for every bed - with 2 electricity sockets to charge your phone and iPod or whatever, and a light with a dimmer switch. Wifi is free and available throughout the hostel. On our first morning breakfast was served in the hostel kitchen as it was a holiday (17 May) and they made the most wonderful waffles for us. It was nicer than the breakfast served the normal way, in the cafe next door. As well as the really helpful and interesting wardens - one Norwegian, the other American - there were also some interesting fellow hostellers to chat to - something you don't get in hotels usually. It is quite expensive, but then everything is expensive in Norway...

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

A very clean, well situated, affordable hostel with good kitchen facilities (2 microwaves, 2 cookers, plenty pots and pans etc.) that i would recommend to anyone travelling to Bodo in Northern Norway looking for cheap accomodation. I stayed here for three nights in early March 2012 and chose a 4 bed male dorm with private bathroom. The room was clean, with fresh sheets, duvet and towels provided and the bunk beds were pretty comfortable even for a 6ft 3 person like myself. Obviously seasoned hostel goers need not be told, bring ear plugs in case one of your room mates is a snorer...!!! We arrived on the overnight train from Trondheim on a Sunday morning to be told that we weren't able to check in till 1pm and that everything was closed in Bodo on a Sunday. Never fear though, as we were actually able to check in around 11 as the rooms had been cleaned and although nothing really does open till at least 12 noon on a sunday we discovered that the flight museum is open on a sunday so that is an option for anyone finding themselves in the same situation that, like us, doesn't want to sit around the common room all day.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I think Bodø vandrerhjem is probably one of the cheapest places to stay while in Bodø, and in my opinion it's a very good option for a low budget trip. I stayed 3 nights in a 4 bedded room with a private bedroom that I shared with 2 other girls. The room was a bit on the small side (at least when all 4 beds are occupied I can imagine), but it was clean and recently renovated (the hostel opened in October 2010), as were the common rooms. The hostel is located in the same building as the train station and it's only a 5-10 minutes walk to the harbour and the city center. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Breakfast is included in the price, as is wireless internet. They also have a nice kitchen where you can cook your own food if you want to. I'd wish they had lockable cabinets (their web page claims they have, but they didn't when I was there) as it would be nice to have a private place for the luggage when sharing a room. The staff was friendly and helpful, and after I checked out, they let me keep my stuff in their office and use the common rooms until my train left in the evening.

Date of stay: February 2011