“good option for tight budget”
Review of Bodo Youth Hostel

Bodo Youth Hostel
Ranked #1 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Bodo
Copenhagen, Denmark
“good option for tight budget”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hostel is well located, in an adjacent building to the train station, and near the bus station. The room I was sleeping in was large, providing enough space, and with its own bathroom. It was a 8 beds bedroom, bunk beds. I was surprised to see that, because my reservation said that I was suppose to be in one of 4. The door of my room was tricky, sometimes you could open it without the card, which put the security in doubt. There is a large living room and one can also cook. The facilities include most of the things a traveller would need. It has a good price for Norway, so I could recommend it if one is traveling on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Ask at the reception when you check in how many beds are in your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SorinBu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We did arrive at 9:20 pm, nobody was there despite it was mentioned that reception is active up to 10:00pm. The booking was done by internet for the night plus breakfast and confirmed by mail but on the morning no breakfast was possible (in fact they don't propose anymore breakfast and forget to inform us). So we went in the city to get one and when we where back at the hostel we have been asked to leave the room asap for cleaning with no possibility to put our luggages some where in the hostel.
To come back on the hostel itself, the bunk beds remind me the one of my army... 35 years ago.
If we put the price of the night 900+nok (+120€) there is événement for norway a huge discrepancy between service and price.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
legnano
Reviewed 28 July 2013

+: a very convenientely hostel located IN the railway station, close to the ferry terminal to Lofoten and just in the heart of the city. We stayed twice, going to and coming from the islands, in the first days of july. We had a three bed room, with shower and restroom just for us. Very quiet. The guy at the reception , a Swedish tattoed boy, a very smart one, reliable. Towels and bedlinen are in the room.
-: The room was spacious and had a lot of light (too much to sleep with the sun in the norwegian nights); does anyone sometimes really broom on the floor?

Room Tip: I made reservation in march but when in Bodø I wasn't really sure it was high time. Don't w...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 July 2013

To be honest, I didn't expect much of our first night in Bodo/Norway. And this is really not fair. We spend one night here and we enjoyed it very much. It was clean and well equipped. Although the room was small it was not a problem at all. The central area (where also the kitchen was) was large and great for a night to read a book or play cards with friends. And know I must say, the next time we would spend a night in Bodo I will spend it here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I visited this hostel in 2012 and since we were travelling by train we chose this hostel to accomodate us for the night. Bodø vandrerhjem is a great hostel with an amazing location, it is litterally in the same building as the train station! We were greeted by friendly staff that helped us with both the room and train logistics. Our room was clean, modern and with a television plus it had a good view over bodø. To summarize i would definiatly reccomend this hostel if you are going to bodø.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brorrobin
Siemianowice Śląskie
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We came to Bodo on March 2013. The price is very good (taking into account prices in Norway). The rooms and hostel in general are clean, dining room and kitchen well equiped. People were really nice. Cannot say anyting bad, to be honest.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Turku, Western Finland, Finland
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Bodo because of this nice place to stay. I was only one night, but if I had to stay longer, I'd enjoy to stay in this hostel, I got so many friends only in one night stay in 8pers. room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo