“Excellent staff”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Bodo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and was happy so I returned this summer when I was in Bodø. As before, the staff were all very nice and helpful. It's not everywhere you get that level of service. We also got a room on the ninth floor which gave a nice view of the harbour.

The only negatives I can say is that I found dust in the room and some of the tables in the lounge area were not being wiped clean. Having said that, when we were served drinks at a dirty table, the waitress noticed immediately and came over to clean it. My other annoyance was that the rooftop bar is closed on a Sunday. I don't know why they have to close it on a Sunday. Certainly if that had been my only night in the hotel, I would have been very annoyed. Fortunately I was able to experience the bar on another night. It is well worth a visit as it offers amazing views of the city and surrounding area.

I will most likely stay here again when I am looking for a hotel in Bodø.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenneth E, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear David1776
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and the skybar. We look forward to your next stay.

Director of sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Most of the previous reviews have got this about right in my opinion. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast included
The rooms are tired. The carpet in one of our rooms was really threadbare. The other had a wooden floor, so probably a bit better. I concur with the comments about the rooms being hot and stuffy when the weather is warm. AirCon is obviously a problem here
We had an upgrade to Business Class, but I really don't know what this meant
No tea/coffee making equipment in the room, but there was a machine in reception where you can get a free drink
The price of the hotel was not as expensive as other things compared to the UK. We found eating out, drinks, etc in Norway to be at least double what you'd pay at home. Maybe all the Hotels are a reasonable price here?
Snickers Duo in the UK is about 80p - £1. In the shop attached top the Hotel, almost £3!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kenneth E, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Phoebe
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. However, we will in the short future commence renovation, and hopefully we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lovely town to visit and the people are all very friendly that I came across. There are places to eat out but I found it a little difficult finding them. Bodo is a lovely place and well worth a visit. However, the Radisson is the poorest Radisson that I have stayed at before. Cold unwelcoming reception. Baking hot room with no air conditioning (most of the year that's probably fine - but there was a heat wave when I was there) so I couldn't sleep in the rooms. TV signal is very poor so can't see the screen. Gym is very basic and dated and in poor condition. Menu was very limited - though the staff in the restaurant were very nice and most of the dishes in the restaurant also excellent quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Neil67
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would recommend this hotel to any travellers unless you are a smoker. The bar has no smoking area and you have to walk down 2 flights of stairs and then take the lift down 12 floors to go outside. I do not have time to write 200 characters, so I will just blabber on here for a bit and see how many i can get to?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank William C
We are sorry for the inconvenience the smoking prohibition may cause, but nevertheless we look forward to your next stay.

Denmark
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My first visit to Bodø and Radisson was Christmas 2013. I finished my very positive review by expressing a wish of returning - and so I did. The nature surrounding Bodø was as beautiful as expected, but the hotel!
For some reason the only rooms available were the quite expensive business class. I decided to treat myself to a bit of luxury and booked a room. Hm.
I still fail to see any big difference between standard and business, but my main complaint is that the room was dirty (you could not walk bare-feeted and lots of dust on the surfaces). There were also some issues with a bedside lamp and different things in the bathroom which added to my feeling of paying way too much.
The hotel offered me another room (standard) but it was near some noisy machinery and construction work so I declined. And the floor was cleaner the next day...
Obviously there were also positive things: wi-fi worked well, nice breakfast, no ac but an open window and the amazing view from the 7th floor.
Will I return? To Bodø - yes, to Radisson - don't know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bs02
Kenneth E, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear bs02

We appreciate your revisit to our hotel, and for your effort to write us another review.
However, we are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations this time.
We will continue to try our best to deliver fine experiences for our guests in the future and hope you will visit once again.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good hotel, decor a bit dated, and a "fumey" small in the hallways, lifts very busy in the morning
Located smack in the centre of "downtown" Bodo, right on the harbour, friendly staff, main complaint is that the Aircon didnt really work and it was boiling in the room very difficult to sleep, we were booked in again a week later and got rooms on the shaded side (ie south facing) again aircon didnt really work but room was much cooler.

Room Tip: If its summer get a room south facing, you wont have a view over the harbour but you wont have the m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nairb356
Fred Anton R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear nairb356,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays with us in our rather unexpected but welcomed summer heat.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Regards, Fred Anton Ravneberg
Denmark
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel has some breathtaking views (at least from the 12th floor room 1220).
We got upgraded to Business Class room which if you ask me was nothing special. It makes me wonder how the "ordinary" rooms were. As Business Class goes world wide, this wouldn't fly!

Half of the extra items offered (see photo) is unnecessary whilst being able to open the window for a breath of fresh air, airconditioning (or at least a fan!!!) I would have payed extra for!
To be fair, the staff opened the window for us eventually but that didn't really help much.
Due to the last few days were Norway has been extremely hot (even up north) people were out all night partying which was REALLY noisy having to "sleep" with the window open.
Understandably people in the northern part of the world wants, needs and enjoys the possibility to spend evenings out when they can. As hotels go...not even a fan to offer the guests resultet in a loooong night with no sleep! I desperately phoned down to the reception in the middle of the night requiring for a fan knowing that they at least had one left standing in the reception. But no...

Good breakfast though and the possibility to eat outside was very welcoming after a night in a tomb! Harsh words but imagine having to get up for a business meeting the next day! It's unacceptable!

Other than that they have "Bar 13" on the 13th floor which has great a 360 degree view and we were lucky to get a view of both the midnight sun as well as a full moon. Breathtaking.....

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeeDenmark
Fred Anton R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bodo, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear LeeDenmark,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are sorry for the heat this summer, and that we were not able to provide you with a fan.
Regards, Fred Anton Ravneberg, General Manager