All reviews shopping centre comfortable hotel airport stops buffet breakfast in the morning one night stay hotel staff free parking midnight sun heavy traffic nice room top floor orange juice parking house breakfast staff little pricey hotel breakfast central location
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We have been travelling for almost 4 weeks by now and been to quite a few small towns . Didn't quite know what to expect of our accommodation..

We were pleasantly surprised . The room was clean, bright and decent, the bed was comfortable , the bathroom was slightly larger and better than we expected. No amenities besides the shower gel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael L, Salgssjef at Quality Hotel Grand Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for writing about us here on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it!

We are pleased to hear that you're happy with your stay at our hotel and hope that you'll come back to us next time you're in Narvik.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Very comfortable hotel with nice rooms and good bathroom. The breakfast was good with lots of selections. We were in town on Sunday and everything was closed but you could take a walk. Had a view of the fjord.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south looked over the harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 August 2017

modern, comfortable, quiet and clean rooms, huge bathroom. coffee and tea in the room. possibility to eat in the cozy pub or in the rooftop restaurant/bar. friendly bar keaper. exellent breakfast. piano to play in the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Michael L, Salgssjef at Quality Hotel Grand Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for writing about us here on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it!

We are pleased to hear that you're happy with your stay at our hotel. And once again, we really appreciate the great review.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

A decent enough hotel located fairly centrally in Narvik. Rooms were just what you would expect for a large chain hotel of this type. Clean, comfortable, well equipped rooms, but nothing too elaborate. The staff were friendly enough and the food was generally good. The breakfast is a typical Scandinavian buffet affair, there is a downstairs pub/restaurant which serves great burgers, ribs, tex mex, pizza, etc. Upstairs there is a more formal restaurant which has spectacular panoramic views from the top floor of the hotel. The menu however, is limited and somewhat.... “esoteric” and the cost…. Well if you have to ask, you can’t afford it. My advice, go up and have a look at the view, and then go downstairs for a burger.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael L, Salgssjef at Quality Hotel Grand Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed one night at this hotel and it was a very comfortable hotel to stay at in a very nice location near the waterfront. It is close to the bus station and train station as well by roughly 1Km or less.

The hotel is located on one of Narvik main streets that is 4 lanes. The hotel has a very visible sign on the front giving its name that you can not miss with bold white letters.

The reception\lobby is wide but narrow. The reception desk is about 10-15 feet directly in front of the front door. I arrived at 1100 in the morning by bus from Kiruna and they gave me a room right away. I heard someone playing a piano in the lobby. I am guessing a guest was playing the piano. The one elevator and stairway are to the right of the reception desk and just before the entrance to the restaurant that serves buffet breakfast in the morning.

My hotel room was small or minimal size. Just big enough but certainly not spacious. I guess the room was probably 16x12. You ome in the door which opens outward European style with the bathdoor on the immediate left(again door opens outward).

The bathroom is small and only one person can navigate in there at a time. The sink is on the immediate right, then the toilet and at the back is the shower with a sliding plastic door. There is only about 3-4 between the sink wall and the opposite wall to give you an idea how small it is.

Past the bathroom you some into the main room. To the left is a counter on the left wall that acts as the desk. There is at least one European style electrical plugin beneach the counter of the desk which has a chair. There is also a standing lamp at the desk. Above middle of the counter is a wall mounted LCD I guessing about 30 inch in size. There were some English channels or showing English shows. I saw the Simpson show on a Norwegian that was in English. Also beneath the counter I saw a mini-fridge that was empty but on.

I recall a closet in the left area area as well that had a hair dryer inside it along with the usual hangers.

Along the opposte wall to the hallway is a large window with a few chairs underneath it. A nice little sitting area. If you have one of the high floors, probably 6th floor and aobve you will probably have a good view of the waterfront if you get a room on the front side of the building.

To the right of the after the hallway is the bed. There is only about one foot of space on the right side of the bed whereas the left side has about 3 feet of free space. The foot of the bed has a lot of space between it and the opposite wall where the desk counter is located. I guess at least 6 feet except where the chairs under the window are located. Hence, the room is very functional in a minimalist way. But it satisfy my needs and I was happy.

The Wifi in the hotel did not require a password and it was very strong in my Rm402

The buffet breakast was good. There was scrambled eggs, bacons, sausage, orange juice, toast, etc.. I was happy with it.

The one night I was there I was hankering for pizza/Italian. I decided to try out Peppes Pizza which is a very popular Norwegian pizza chain that actually started in the US from what I read. I thought it was good. Far better than the one I had in Kiruna. The place is very close by. You go out of the hotel and turn right. Cross the street that is about 15 yards from the entrance of the hotel. Once crossing the street you will see a ramp that goes upward into a shopping mall. The mall has a number of stores inside. You have to go down one level and you will find the restaurant there. I believe there is a grocery store\convenience on the level you enter the place in the very back near the escalator. The restaurant appears to be popular with the locals from the number I saw in there(sit down restaurant with waiter/waitress. You go ahead and sit down and they will come by.

The airport bus that goes to the Narvik/Harstad airport stops directly in front of the hotel which is very convenience. I used this to get to the airport that is 1 hour and 15 minutes away. You can find the schedule for them online or on the reception desk in the hotel. You do not need ot contact them since they come by everytime. You can pay the bus driver by credit card which all the people that boarded at my hotel did.

Narvik is a very pretty and properous city from what I saw of it. A lot of people live here. Looks like their economy is doing very well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert V
Michael L, Salgssjef at Quality Hotel Grand Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hi Robert.

Thank you for writing about us here on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate it!

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your stay at our hotel. And once again, we really appreciate the great review.