“Cozy atmosphere and good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rallar'n Pub og Kro
Ranked #10 of 23 Restaurants in Narvik
Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: Pizza, Gastropub, Scandinavian, Bar, Norwegian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A restaurant and bar inspired by the history of Narvik. From the construction of the railroad till the iron ore shipping industry. It looks and feels like you're entering a part of history. A la carte menu at evenings and a nice simple lunch menu till 03.00 PM , a somewhat wide variations of beer and wine.
Tonsberg, Norway
“Cozy atmosphere and good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Two colleagues of mine and me wanted to have something to eat a Saturday night after a long day of work. Rallar'n was side by side the hotel reception and we agreed we wanted to give it a chance.

It is very cozy in the restaurant. Dark and a "cottage" -like atmosphere. The personell was very service minded, happy and did their best for us to enjoy our stay. And we really did!

I ordered a stake for dinner, and that was just what I needed. Really good stake, perfectly done and with nice vegetables that weren't overcooked. It was just perfect. We didn't expect this highend food from the look of the restaurant from the outside, but it really was a treat. My colleagues ordered a burger and a mixed plate - and we all agreed that the food was very good.

Thumbs up for this restaurant, and if you are looking for a place to eat to get good food in a cozy atmosphere with personell that really greets you when you arrive - Rallar'n is your place :) Recommended in Narvik!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RobertKosmoKarlsen, Salgssjef at Rallar'n Pub og Kro, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi Anders,

Thank you for your good review of Rallar'n Pub og Kro.

Hope to see you again some time.

Have a nice summer and a good holiday.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Tasty Club sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stopped off in Narvik on route to another destination on a cold Sunday afternoon. None of the shops or businesses seemed to be open so we tried a hotel, this restaurant was attached to that hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by this little place which was cosy, warm and very welcoming. We opted to share a club sandwich as were intending to eat a bigger meal later in the evening, the waitress who was very helpful and attentive obliged this request and in fact seemed to give us extra chips to boost the size of the meal we were sharing.
This was a lovely gesture and a good indication of the wonderful people of Norway. I would return if I find myself back in Narvik.
I have given a low score on value as anyone who comes to Norway will quickly realise that everything food/drink based is expensive and cannot possibly be good value. This aside it was still a very pleasant and tasty meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sweden
“Great chicken salad…”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I decided on a Cesar salad and I was both pleased and disappointed.
The food was really good, top notch chicken salad, but you can’t just throw some lettuce, tomatoes and chicken in a bowl and call it a Cesar Salad.
Atmosphere was nice and the staff was very friendly. I got pasta served at first even thou I ordered a salad, but that was excused and fixed in minutes. Things happen, I like when it’s fixed fast and hassle free.
Norway is expensive, but the food was worth it and I would be happy to go there again.

Visited March 2014
Belfort, France
“Nice place, great diner...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The food was very good and the staff were very kind. The atmosphere in the restaurant was superb.
I would recommended this restaurant to anyone, we went to eat twice.
Caramel pudding was excellent!!
Thanks.