“Cross-over asian”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very good food at a (for Tromsoe) reasonable price. I haven't been all around but I suppose this is one of the best Sushi-places i town (they sell a lot of it so it's guarantied fresh).
Staff is very serviceminded and nice, but as they are always busy, be prepared to have som waiting time.
I go here often when I visit Tromsoe.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Titled as such because that is what this restaurant needs to do to their food. I ordered a Szechuan dish, supposedly one of the spiciest on the menu. It had a nice mild flavour but not at all spicy. I was so glad the waitperson asked if I liked spices, as I would have been very disappointed otherwise. My spouse ordered a combo of whale steak, jumbo prawns and salmon and commented that the meal was unremarkable and the whale was tough. The presentation was good, service was OK (we had to pour our own water refills) and prices were reasonable for the area. There were several menus to choose from at dinner, including a lunch menu, so this might be a good place to get a good value on a meal. The ambiance was very nice with a view of the harbour.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We wanted to try the local sushi and as this was on the waterfront of a dock with views across to the bridge in Tromso and across to the artic cathedral, we thought we'd try it. And very nice it was. We had tempura prawns (two pieces each) for 180nk and then chose a sushi platter to share which cost all up with a bottle of wine 1486nk. The wine was about 540nk (french sancerre, crisp and light), Now the sushi was amazing. In the platter we had traditional sushi such as salmon, tempura prawn, California roll, but we also had octopus (a standout), duck, beef, were a nice twist. The low point was the salmon, cream cheese, mango and strawberry (to our palate) but I have to say the freshness and quality were superb and we really enjoyed eating it. We noticed that a lot of locals had pre-ordered salmon and California roll platters, so that would be an excellent and very safe choice.

It was a quick meal and we chose it to be that way, but we did find the service a little indifferent and not terribly welcoming (compared to our evening at FishKompaniet the evening before). But we were happy, tired and really ready to eat and run and perhaps they sensed this.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This place is in a small hidden corner of a street in the city centre. I started liking homemade sushi last year, so I wanted to go and try it outside. There were two sushi places in Tromso (well, now there are three) and Lotus seemed to be ok with the price, that's why I chose it.

Good things :)

- Nice staff.
- Tasty rainbow maki and miso soup :D
- Calm, relaxing and romantical atmosphere.
- Looks small but inside it's bigger than what you can think.
- Prices are on the website

Not so good things :(

- I get really "full" with the sushi myself, but for those who eat "decent" amounts of food can be expensive (well, it's sushi, isnt it?).
- Ehm.. nothing else? :)

Would I recommend it? Yes!!

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Don't think it weird to order sushi in Norway. The seafood here is very fresh, and thus making most of the seafood dishes very delicious.
There were prawns, scallops, fish, and even crab in even a simple soup.