“Great value great location really good room”

City Living Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
Dublin
“Great value great location really good room”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Booked in here for 7 nights in December 2010 with my wife.We like to be able to do our own thing when away so having the small kitechenette was excellent.Onl;y thing missing was a microwave oven which would have been great.All in all room was excellent,price excellent for Tromso and city centre location was so central to everything.This was our second trip to Tromso and first time in city living but are already planning our third trip and will stay here again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DublinFrank_01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We stayed in a standard double room which came with a full oven & hob, kettle, dishwasher and crockery, cutlery & cooking utensils. The room was a good size and having cooking facilities in the room saved a little money, considering how expensive it can be to eat out in Norway. The hotel is very central, metres from the airport shuttle bus (flybussen) and within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants.
The only hotel staff we met were at check in and check out, but they were friendly and efficient. Only downsides were that the shower door didn't close in our room so the bathroom floor got a bit wet and there is no cleaning / linen & towel change unless you stay for 7 days or more.
All in all I'd recommend.

• Stayed May 2011
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I am a wholly deaf solo traveller. During April 2011, I rented a studio apartment on the 4th floor at City Living Hotel and Apartments, Tromso for 4 nights. The room size was reasonable for a single person like myself. It has a nice modern décor with a great view of Tromso and the snowy mountains (see some pics). The kitchenette with a kettle, 2 cooking hobs and a fridge were useful for me to cook my breakfast and evening meal to save my money. The restaurants in Tromso were too expensive except one evening for my birthday meal out! Unfortunately, I missed having a toaster for my breakfast, but I managed to eat the bread roll slices instead. There are several useful supermarkets nearby – I found there were some tinned Norwegian stews with various pictures of the food covering the tins. I could not understand any Norwegian language! It was fun!

The City Living Hotel and Apartments are in a good location – you can walk to the Polaria Museum, Polar Museum, and the other attractions in Tromso centre. You can get a bus number 26 to the Cable Cars - they have a panoramic view of Tromso and the snowy mountains – it was worth it! You can also walk to Radisson Blu Hotel for getting a mini bus to Tromso Villmarkssenter if you would book the dog sledding. There are buses especially Flybussen that running from/to the airport to/from the city centre. Flybussen can drop you off outside the Grand Nordic Hotel, Tromso where you can walk up to the next block and across the road to City Living Hotel and Apartments. Cheaper than taxis!

Room Tip: Best location in Tromso!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Deaf-Debo
Tooting, London
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Apartment was modern, clean and an easy walk to everything (main shopping street, Polar Museum, Polaria etc.). We had a superior double room and, although was all "open plan", it was split into 3 separate sections (bedroom, living and kitchen area) which was just perfect. We saved a lot of money by eating all our meals in the apartment and I took out a few supplies to avoid buying everything in Tromso (tea/coffee/sugar, salt/pepper, pasta/rice etc). The supermarket is only a few minutes walk from the apartment and it always seemed to be open!
Would highly recommend City Living for self-catering.

Room Tip: Save money & take food, wine & duty free
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chutey
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The accommodation was excellent. The cooking facilities were adequate, although it was surprising that there was no microwave. The hotel was in an excellent location, close to shops, transport, etc. There was no noise at night although I do not think that Tromso would be noisy at night with all that snow and ice! Checkout was at 12noon which was good. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank 186338travel
Reviewed 8 March 2011

City Living apartments are very central and offer very practical accomodation for your stay in tromso. £20 taxi transfer to/ from airport. The room had a small kitchen so we were able to do a bit of self catering, essential in managing the astronomical cost of food and drink locally! I wholeheartedly recomend this hotel :)

• Stayed March 2011
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I stayed here for 9 nights in February with a friend. I had originally booked the room just for myself, but at the last minute, a friend decided to come. When I informed the hotel, I was told it was no extra charge. All we had to do was separate the bed (It was a double made up of two beds pushed together). Yay!

The hotel was very clean, and quite spacious. We booked a room with a kitchenette, as Norway is so expensive! There is a supermarket only a 2 minute walk from the hotel which made life easy. The bathroom was clean, and had a heated floor. We were able to change the temp of the floor and the rooms on our own which was great. Room was quiet and the bed was really comfortable. The staff cleaned our room once during our stay which was good as I prefer to not have cleaning staff inside the room every day. There is no breakfast available, as the room was self-contained. They do offer breakfast at a restaurant across the street, but we never went there as we had our own stuff. The hotel is located in the middle of the town, so it was super easy to get to anywhere we wanted. The only minor issue we had was the internet connection was via cable, and there was only one outlet. This meant we had to split our computer time. But really, when on holiday, who cares!? We came to see the northern lights, and on our very last night, we saw them! They were wonderful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Tromso was wonderful, and i'll be back for sure!

(The photos I uploaded were on our last day, so the room is a bit messy because of us!)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends