“Superb fish restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

For our last night in Tromso we decided to go to the Fiskekompaniet. We managed to have a window table overlooking the harbour which added to evening's enjoyment. I had the 3 course special evening menu. The fish soup was totally different to any fish soup I have had before - it was a bit like a bisque but had more subtle taste and was less creamy.
I thought that was excellent but the halibut was exceptional. It was soft and succulant, outstanding. The brownie dessert was a little dry for me but after the fish I didn't care.

The restaurant was busy but the service was very good, not in your face but attentive with sufficient time to talk to the staff.

A very good evening and reasonably priced by Norwiegen prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Not only is the food delicious, but the service is high-quality too. Angus was incredibly friendly, as are the rest of the restaurant staff.

We had a table overlooking the harbour and it was lovely - we even managed to watch some fireworks from across the water. It's an expensive visit, but that's Norway - dining out just costs a lot more than elsewhere.

The food was fantastic; we opted for the chef's three course menu and it was definitely a good choice.

I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

A lovely restaurant overlooking the harbour.
The menu is limited but varied - always the sign of a good restaurant. After much contemplation of the menu, we all chose the three course set menu since we thought it would provide a good balance on flavours. And it did.
The starter was a fish soup - velvety without being too creamy. The main course was halibut - and I have never had halibut that has tasted so succulent and delicious. Pudding was a chocolate brownie - need I say more. Our waiter suggested a bottle of German Riesling to go with the food - an excellent choice. The meal was expensive - but this is mainly due to the price of wine in Norway. And it was totally worth it. I note that one other reviewer has said "a good fish restaurant for a small town": I'd actually say a good fish restaurant for anywhere in the world.
When you go there, do ask for a table with a harbour view. The restaurant cannot guarantee your request, but will do their very best to accommodate. We had a great view - and as for the firework display they somehow organised ......
Thank you so much. We had a lovely evening.

1  Thank MariaAA1066
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Stunningly delicious food at the Arctic circle. I’ve never had a better meal. Started with a gin and tonic made from blueberry gin and served with fresh blueberries! The crab starter was exquisite. I had chanterelle soup with pickled chanterelles—so creamy and deliciously umami. My baked halibut melted in my mouth and served with a veal jus, roasted potatoes, carrots and peas. Dessert was a fudge bar!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

If you want well cooked fish or sea food this is the place for you. I'm not a fish lover but the cod was very well cooked and the mussel soup was very nice.

It is expensive and the portions are not that large, but they are filling and they are worth it to spoil yourself.