- 5min walk from the Flybus stop at Rica Ivhavshotel
- located right at the harbor, with a great view from the breakfast restaurant
- awesome breakfast buffet, refilled constantly. Organic yoghurt was served at request
- the sauna and hot tub area was clean and inviting, with a great view over the harbor. Stack of towels in the shower area, so no need to bring one from your room.
The hot tub was busy every time we checked, but I guess if you don't mind company you could always share the tub with other guests
- free and strong wifi
- fridge in the room
- friendly and helpful hotel staff
Now the not so good:
- to start with our biggest gripe: you cannot regulate the room temperature yourself, since its central heating. The room was SO warm, we actually felt lightheaded when we awoke sweating. We opened the window as wide as possible, but since we had a room at the back, facing an office building, there was no draft to cool the room. Very, very uncomfortable.
- in general, the rooms are very basic for the price paid ( €220 and €150 for 2 different nights). No closet nor shelves for storage, just 4 clothes hangers, and no safe for your valuables.
- the bathroom gets flooded every time you take a shower, since there's no tub to stand in, and the floor wasn't properly tilted towards the drain.
Since the good outweigh the not so good, we would still consider going back, but now we know what we're getting and I I would definitely compare prices with other hotels in Tromso.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern design on the pier! Feel the snow in your hair while resting in our outdoor jacuzzi under the Northern lights or during the summer while sun is shining all day and all night. Our excellent staff will be more than happy to serve you at all times whether it is regarding adventure bookings, restaurant recommendations or other enquiries you might have. We offer coffee/tea and a selection of fruits all day, homemade pasteries or wafles in the afternoon and an evening buffet with salads, soup, hot dish and dessert - all of this FREE OF CHARGE!Fantastic sea view from the diningroom, the outdoor jacuzzi and some of our superior rooms. All common areas were renovated in 2012 an all rooms got new floors, new easy chairs and new fabrics. All bathrooms have heated floors. The hotel is very close to all main attractions in Tromso and only a short walk from the Hurtigruten pier, the airport bus and all other buses that will take you around where ever you would like to go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Clarion Collection Hotel Aurora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Tromsø
- Clarion Tromso
- Tromsø Clarion