Quality Hotel Saga
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Grand Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$98
US$201
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Enter Viking Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$110
US$144
US$135
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$108
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswafflesfront office managersouvenir storenice hotelevery afternoonbusiness tripbreakfast was excellentchoice hotelsgreat viewbooked nightsthe breakfast areasmall fridgemiddle of towncomfortable bedsarctic cathedralcoffee or teabaked beans
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was hoping to stay at another hotel on my business trip to Tromsø, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised after my stay at Quality Hotel Saga. Location wise it´s perfect, friendly staff, nice room with all amenities - standard is average, but all you need is in your room - I appreciate being able to make a cup of tea/coffee in my room.

Breakfast was also surprisingly good - and a nice airy restaurant area. I will not be disappointed if I "have to" stay here somewhen again on a business trip to Tromsø!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Tore P, Manager at Quality Hotel Saga, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Birgit,
We are very pleased to hear that you were positive suprised with your stay at Quality Hotel Saga.
We do our best every day to take good care of our guests, and nothing is better than feedback like you give us.We also hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you as our guest also in the future.
Best regards
Tore Pettersen
GM

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed for a week at Quality Hotel Saga and were very pleased with the service provided. It was one of the more reasonably priced options in town and provided everything we needed - from hearty breakfasts in the morning to reliable wifi round-the-clock. They also offered free waffles and tea in the afternoon, which was a nice perk me up. In addition, there was a kiosk in the lobby which allowed us to make bookings for the various excursions and attractions around Tromso. That was very convenient!

We were lucky to have secured a room in the newly refurbished quarters, so our room was very modern and clean. The beds were generally comfortable and the toilets came with heated floors (always a bonus especially in a cold country)! On days when we left the room late, the staff still came in and tidied up for us, which was nice of them. In general, the staff were approachable and able to give us good advice about the local attractions and transport options.

In terms of location, Quality Hotel is very central. It's right next to the Protestant church and a 5 minute walk away from the tourist office as well as most of the pick-up points, where excursions begin. That meant we didn't have to wake up inordinately early to catch our buses! Also, there are many good restaurants in the vicinity and the main street is only a 5 minute walk away. All in all, this is a hotel I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Request for a room in the newly refurbished quarters
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachael Q
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We spent three nights here in December. It was everything we needed. Spotlessly clean, warm and quiet - I had the best nights sleep in a very long time.

Sure, it's quite 'basic' but for a long weekend it has all you need. We had a room overlooking the church which meant we could spend time watching the world go by. Beautiful.

Breakfast was adequate- not a feast but enough to see us through to late lunch.

Staff were super friendly.

We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxcat162016
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Possibly one of the best locations in Tromso, this hotel is close to everything. Good breakfast and loved the waffles in the afternoon.... I feel they could have some more options for leisure att he hotel, particularly during winter months when it gets so cold and dark outside that one could appreciate a bit of pampering at the spa or some other options.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms with a view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and found it to be a nice comfortable hotel. The hotel itself is in a very good location near to everything in and around the center of the town, prices for this hotel is quite expensive but everything in Tromso is expensive, the hotel is very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was excellent and eat as much as you want ,if I have one gripe about this hotel it is that the room I stayed in room 517 was on the small side with a small bed and a view of another wall which was not that great but suppose that's what you get when booking a single room even though you do not get a discount.
If I were to return to Tromso I would probably try a different hotel to see if room was any bigger with a better view because the price I was charged for my single room which worked out at around 180 pounds a night I would think the others are no more expensive with maybe bigger rooms and view etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends