Norway is packed with awesome hotels, and the number one in Tromsø is no exception. We stayed in the Kollectionroom on the 6th (top) floor for 5 nights. There are only 4 of these in the hotel, so book early.
Room: We had room 603, which I would say is the best room in the hotel. Only two of the Kollectionrooms have views of the harbour (there are other smaller rooms downstairs with the same view), and this is one of them. We had 2 small french windows that could be opened out all the way, unlike the rooms downstairs. We also had nice wooden floors, sofa, coffee table, and a pull-out bed that thus allowed us to fit 3 people into the room. Massive televisions in all the rooms, along with heated toilets. The rooms on the 6th floor also have slanted ceilings, on account of the hotel's slanted rooftop. This lent the room an attic feel, which made it even cosier.
Service: Very friendly and helpful staff, both the housekeeping and the front desk. Nothing much more to say, except that they were very accommodating to all our requests.
Amenities: We stayed over the Christmas period, which meant the town was pretty much closed during the day. Our winter activities would start around 6pm, so we had plenty of time to kill during the day. This hotel seemed to realise that. They have a steam room, sauna, and a small workout area -sufficient to keep us busy for most of the afternoon. There was always food in the hotel restaurant too, which was a pleasant first for me. Breakfast was from 7-10am, followed by tea time waffles from 3-6pm, dinner from 6-10pm, soup from 10pm onwards. Given the cost of food in Norway, coupled with the fact that all restaurants were closed over Christmas, the free food was an amazing bonus. Finally, the hotel's location is superb. Most tour operators do their pickups at the Rica Ishavshotel just 50m away. All the main attractions are also within walking distance -we never had to take the bus.
Only problem is that there's a bar and a club nearby, which leads to rowdy partygoers loitering around the harbour below and making lots of noise on weekends.
Overall a fantastic stay though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Collection Hotel With is perfectly located in the harbor of the city center. Here you are only 50 meters away from the main street of Tromso, close to restaurants and shopping. At all Clarion Collection Hotels the guests have included breakfast, coffee/tea all day, waffles from 15:00(3pm)to 18:00(6pm) and light evening buffet from 18:00(6pm) to 21:00(9pm). The light evening buffet consists of one hot soup, one hot dish and bread. Not a big dinner buffet, but for most of our guests a really satisfying dinner. This makes Clarion Collection Hotel With a really cheap alternative for tourists visiting Tromso. We also offer a relax room with sauna and a steam room at the top of the hotel. Welcome to a warm and friendly hotel where you can feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nordic Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Clarion Collection Hotel With reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection With Hotel
- Clarion Collection Tromsø
- Clarion Tromso
- Tromsø Clarion