Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso
US$154
US$134
ClarionCollection
  • Breakfast included
Enter Amalie Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$139
Clarion Hotels
US$99
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Grand Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$118
ScandicHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$109
TripAdvisor
1,448 results
All reviewsa business class roomhurtigruten cruisenorthern lightsarctic cathedralgreat viewnespresso machinebreakfast buffetairport busstandard roomtea and coffee making facilitiesreception staffcentral hotelsmall towntown centrecable carstayed for nightsdog sledding
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I thought they gave me a good rate when I got this room. Well... the rate was good. The room not. It is 2.5 by 2.5 meters plus a small hallway and a miniscule bathroom.

Everything else is ok. Really! I haven't had breakfast yet though, but I guess it will be ok. Service in general is very good and the locality is great. 10 minutes walk to most of interest in this town.

The relaxation center is good. Sauna, grand view and decent exercise equipment.

I would go there again!

Room Tip: Steer clear of the 10th story smaller rooms. Room 1052 is small, that's for sure!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a business class room. The hotel is 'nice' but somethings need fixing. The sheets has some blood stains and they were never replaced. The room was standard size and good facilities. I know Norway is expensive, but I believe AU$250/night including it a lot of money for a 4 star hotel, which is only really 3 stars. The staff were ok, but not really friendly. I often saw hotel staff sitting around in the lobby, which looked unprofessional. I would recommend others to keep looking around for better value!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Our stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel (aka Radisson SAS Hotel) was pleasant. With had a minor problem with our booking, but after a while everything was cleared out and we went to the designated room.
I'll make a small review for the following categories:

ROOM: We had an average size room. Two separate beds (-) and with clean linen (+). In the room you have a TV, Minibar, Trouser pressing machine and AC. No safe, though.
One of the windows had a small breach (was not completely isolated from the exterior) and you could hear the wind enter the room (-).
In my opinion, the decoration was a little 90's and old fashioned. But the hotel is in renovations, so there's hope :)

CLEANLINESS: The room, the linen, the bathroom was very clean.

BREAKFAST: Great breakfast. Lot of variety! The breakfast room is very large and with a lot of tables and you don't feel like in a small crowded place.

STAFF: The staff were helpful and nice. Althought many say that the nordics are "cold", I disagree. All the staff I've met we very warm and always ready to help you with a smile! (+)

LOCATION: Very close to the Flybussen stop and the main city street. You have a great view to the Artic Cathedral and the moutains, when staying at the top floors.

OVERALL: I'm pleased with my stay and I recommend staying here when visiting Tromso

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

we stayed for two separate nights. Hotel amenities are ok, room was a bit small, we asked as we had been booked for family room and got two foldaway beds in our room. We complained and they said it was the biggest room they had. We were also promised a room with harbour view but we also had a problem here. Breakfast ok. Front desk staff at times were a bit cold. Good location

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank GRIMS
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Although Radisson in Tromsø is not the most posh, or top of the pos, it's really cozy, situated with a lovely view to the harbour. Especially the sauna, where you sit right in fron t of the panaorama view of the the strait going the city, and the lovely hills on the other side

The city itself, although not big, really charming, with an supringsingly modern and cool restaurants and café's

Room Tip: On the water side
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple