“a night of unbelievable wonder”

The AuroraChaser Kjetil Skogli
Ranked #29 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Tromso
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm the AuroraChaser and as one of first one, if not the first one, who started with real flexible tour to chase the northern lights I have many,many years of experience doing this.Local knowlegde about the weather, professional photography and good knowlegde in astromony makes me able to give you a good experience and increase your chance to see and photograph the elusive Aurora Borealis. People has been writing about me long time before I got this profile and I actually think you find more "reviews" about me outside this profile. I also had the pleasure to work with celebrities like Joanna Lumley, Brian Cox, Queens Brain May and Roger Taylor, Fern Brittain and Globo Sportos Clayton Conservani. Feel free to give me a feedback from your experience from my tours.
staines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“a night of unbelievable wonder”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We spent the night and early morning of the 2/3rd february, with this man. His enthusiasm was second to none.The sightings were absolutely unbelievable, and prolonged.We also booked well in advance;he is not cheap, but worth every penny and more.He does more than go the extra mile for his customers.Thankyou for the priviledge,frank of staines upon thames

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 151293
TheAuroraChaser, Owner at The AuroraChaser Kjetil Skogli, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hi Frank

Thanks for your review and for booking tours with me.

I feel it is important to put in all the effort I can when people has come this far to see the magnific Northern lights.

Welcome back anytime

The AuroraChaser

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We booked well ahead for our Northern Lights advenure which was easy to do on Kjetil's website. Only booking one night was a bit of a risk, but in the event we were lucky enough to be able to see 2 1/2 hours worth of Northern Lights and shooting stars before the cloud closed in over what had been a very clear sky. Undeterred Kjetil drove us further out to see if the cloud had broken, but after coffee and cookies we counted ourselves lucky to have seen the show we had done with no need for further hunting. He looked after us well, spending time with the photographers to help them get good shots (and do try to take a camera that is capable of the long exposures needed to capture the colours as your eyes don't necessarily see them all in the darkness), his driving over icy roads was impeccable. An evening to remember. Do take his advice as to clothing.

Visited December 2012
Hi

Thank you so much for your review.

The case is a part of the tour. I don't want to push people to stay out longer than nessesary if we have mananged to see and photograph a good display. But a part of my mission is to make paople hang in there and wait the nessesary hours to hopefully find clear skies and see the lights.

TheAuroraChaser
Bucks
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A real hero.”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We booked with Kjetil a year in advance as we saw him on the BBC programme with Joanna Lumley. His tours get booked very quickly, so get in early. Obviously this doesn't guarantee a display, and in fact we booked two days. The first night was completely overcast and despite driving to different locations over the course of 4 hours we unfortunately saw nothing. The 2nd trip looked much the same to us on the forecast, but Kjetil knew different. We drove west, through a snow storm to clear weather, where after a short wait the light started a display. Well chuffed with the experience, even though I am not a photographer, and just wanted to watch the sky. Kjetil was patient, and charming, would have gone with him anywhere!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank hannafp
Hi
I guess it is a bit late to get back to you on this one, but thank you very much.

I don't know if I'm a hero,but it is good to be called one :)

Don't give up goes for my tours and many other things in life. I'm happy for all clear skies I can find and if the lights start to dance it is even better

The AuroraChaser
Manc
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Aurora Hunt does it again,”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Even Kjetil couldn't find the Northern Lights on our first night with him -10th November but that just made our second last night all the more special...this guy is amazing, driving through blizzard conditions in a calm and confident manner, never giving up and taking us almost to Finland where we were treated to a very long display...and he is fantastic at helping with photography. Enjoy! :-)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank NixManc
tgschwind
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent guide, sadly no lights”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Kjetil was an excellent guide, happy to teach you how to best photograph the lights and the stars. He stayed out very late waiting / hoping to see the Northern Lights with our group - but he cannot affect nature. I'd been out on my own a few nights - where I saw nothing, and he posted some amazing pictures - so I believe going with him will definitely improve your odds of seeing the lights.

Visited December 2011