“The best Aurora chaser and guide of them all”

The AuroraChaser Kjetil Skogli
Ranked #29 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Tromso
More attraction details
Owner description: I'm the AuroraChaser and as one of first one, if not the first one, who started with real flexible tour to chase the northern lights I have many,many years of experience doing this.Local knowlegde about the weather, professional photography and good knowlegde in astromony makes me able to give you a good experience and increase your chance to see and photograph the elusive Aurora Borealis. People has been writing about me long time before I got this profile and I actually think you find more "reviews" about me outside this profile. I also had the pleasure to work with celebrities like Joanna Lumley, Brian Cox, Queens Brain May and Roger Taylor, Fern Brittain and Globo Sportos Clayton Conservani. Feel free to give me a feedback from your experience from my tours.
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
“The best Aurora chaser and guide of them all”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our family toured with Kjetil in 2012 and 2013. He always took us to the most fantastic locations and even if we were under the clouds he found a gap in them. We saw some fantastic displays of the Aurora Borealis on both trips. His knowledge and determination is unsurpassed! Not to mention his dry sense of humour :-)

If you want to see the Northern Lights then we highly recommend him. We had an absolutely unforgettable couple of tours and are going back again this October for more!

Visited January 2013
TheAuroraChaser, Owner at The AuroraChaser Kjetil Skogli, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hi

Thanks for your review and for booking tours with me.

It is always nic ewhen people return and become addictied to the Northern lights and Tromsø :)

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I will start this review by saying on our tour we did not see the NL and this was not a factor in my rating. Unfortunatly while we were there Norway had the wettest period in 47 years and the clouds were sooo low for a week or so. I understand that Kjetil has no control over this so therefore can not review him in the slightest on this.

Having read all the reviews here maybe my expectations were to high. Kjetil picked us up on time and advised we were on route to Finland to try and see the lights. I was expecting some conversation from him on this drive, maybe about the lights or Norway in general but there was nothing.

I was expecting a tea or coffee or biscuit or cold drink at some time during the 8 hour tour - there was nothing.

I was expecting some assistance with the camera when we stopped even though we couldn't see the lights in the sky, Kjetil noted the camera can pick them up but was quite un interested in camera settings etc.

He did try his best to find the lights. I just found it a shame that there were other service types things missing.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank fairyprincess_00786
Kjetil S, Manager at The AuroraChaser Kjetil Skogli, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hi.

The weather always control whats happens on the tours. It mean when it is cloudy all over and we drive relentless to find some gaps i the clouds,etc, some of the other things on the tour will be put on hold. As informed on my website, to find clear skies is the major task. Because of the weahter and hard conditions, I unfornunalty sometime forget(as I'm so concentrated on the weather), or don't find time, to have coffee and tea.
And even if it is a photo-tour and not an "ordinary" tour( the diffference are explained on my website, the evening can pass without possibility for taking photos.

Thanks for you review and I promise to remember at least to serve coffee and tea, regardsless bad condtions. I hope you had a good time In Tromsø and on my tour anyway.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An amazing experience.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Having chased the lights with Kjetil on a number of occasions i can highly recommend him as one of the best guides in Tromso and despite not being the cheapest guide he is well worth the money, He always go's out of his way and has helped me out on a number of occasions such as when my camera developed a fault and again when my batteries kept going flat due to the cold weather he kept charging them for me so i didn't miss capturing any of the show.. Not only is Kjetil a enthusiastic chaser but also an amazing aurora photographer and most of what i have learnt about aurora photography has been from Kjetil.

Visited March 2013
Hi Dom

Thanks for your review and for booking tours with me.

You know how hard the weather can be and I appreciate you feedback

Rehovot, Israel
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

I've been taking 4 night tour with Kjetil. The man is a real professional, an enthusiastic aurora chaser and a truly a nice companion. The only problem is that he gets fully booked real fast... So hurry up :)

Hi

I appreciate you feedback very much

Devon
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“Amazing Night”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had hoped to go chasing with Kjetil when we first visted Tromso in February 2012, unfortunately he was fulled booked and we missed out. On my return home we booked another trip for February 2013 and we booked the tour with Kjetil before the flight and hotel!
This guy is amazing, he is professional and knows his stuff. We were made to feel very welcome from the minute we met him. Within fifty minutes or so of being picked up we were all set up in a perfect location and waiting for those lights to shine. Due to the weather conditions we were able to stay in the same location for the entire night and spent the next four hours there watching an amazing display. He was very patient and helpful with the group and offered lots of advice on camera settings. It really was a night to remember. Those damn lights get a grip of you though and I am now planning my third trip to Tromso and first on my list will be booking another night chase (or two) with Kjetil.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chanksie
Hi there to the chasers from Devon :)

Thanks for your review and for booking tours with me.

The lights really get a grip on you, thats for sure.