“Simply the best”

Arctic Explorers Tromso
More attraction details
Owner description: No. 1 in Tromso on whale trips, and high ranked on all trips. Small groups. All inclusive - you save money. Warm expedition suits and extreme winter shoes. Tripods. Passionate guides. Pictures included, and more. Welcome!
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have joined arctic explorers for 3 different trips in 2 years.. and i have to say it is one of the best around..

Aurora sightings are never guaranteed.. n u never know what u gonna see tat nite...(even with bad ratings tat nite.. the aurora can be fanstastic too)
I have seen the aurora in finland,norway and iceland. Alot of patience is needed at times, especially when the whether is not fantastic.. n i m glad to say that oystein and his guides do their best to let their guests have the best possible experience..

Definitely the only one i will use in tromso

2  Thank bytesingapore
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I recently spent several days with Arctic Explorers and I could not fault this wonderful organisation in any way. Each of the tours was very well organised and they have some of the best guides I've ever experienced. All of the guides were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help in any way possible.

I spent a lot of time researching different tour companies around Tromsø and I felt there was no comparison. Arctic Explores provided me with the extra high quality gear so that I could enjoy the lights comfortably even in freezing temperatures and wow, we had some absolutely incredible displays those evenings!!! What was most special about this company is that, straight after I was picked up for the tours, I immediately felt like I was among friends. They really are a warm and passionate group of people at Arctic Explorers and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

2  Thank Tori T
Reviewed 27 July 2014

In June I wanted to book a Fjord excursion. There website says that it was possible every day whole year round. So I made a booking request. A few days later I recieved a very short e-mail that it was not possible. The guy who does this excursion was on a holiday. I changed my booking for a Summer Mountaineering Day trip. On there website you can do this trip every day from June till September. Again I recieved an e-mail that it was not possible because of his holiday. I found out that the owner is doing all the excursions in the summer by himself and when he is not there no trips will be organized. That is not what they mention on there website. All summer excursions can be done every day. But that is not the truth. So be carefull with this company. They are not honest to there customers. Don't believe what is written on there website. I found it rather strange that there is no other staff taking over all the excursons when someone is on a holiday. To me it is very tourist unfriendy and an unprofessional company.

6  Thank Gerard B
Arcticexplorersowner, Owner at Arctic Explorers Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Gerard B.

Thanks for making me aware that my sentence about when we have trips all year was misleading. I have removed this sentence completely now.

What I meant was that we in theory CAN take this trip all year when we have time, guides, and enough people joining, not that we ARE driving this trip all year no matter what.

This is a small personal company. I do not have other people working for me in the summer, so I take all trips myself then. I am not sure why you find that strange.

Sometimes I need a vacation, and I had a vacation when you mailed me.

My only mistake was that I had a misleading sentence. I leave it up to the readers here to decide for themselves if that should be enough to rate someone terrible online.

Best wishes,

Øystein, owner.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were delighted with these people led by Oystein. At every stage of our time with them they were helpful, knowledgeable and keen to make it the best for us they could. Even though we had two comparatively poor nights out with them, they were willing to drive endlessly in pursuit of the best possible sightings. We had a wonderful memorable experience and would recommend Arctic Explorers wholeheartedly. We felt we had made real friends by the end!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Awesome luck - we got to watch a solar storm hit while we were out on the second night with Arctic explorers. A great company with groups that are not too big and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction