“A must when in Tromso”
Review of Coffee by Elli - CLOSED

Coffee by Elli
Cuisines: Norwegian, Cafe
Description: Good coffee and homemade cakes. Nice atmosphere. We accept orders on cakes and bakery.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This tiny cafe is a must when in Tromso. All the cakes are made in the cafe and if you're lucky you'll get them served just out of the oven. Do not forget to try the Apple Cake it's devine! The English breakfast tea is great quality as good as any I've had anywhere and my other half loved his coffee strong and tasty without any bitterness. We waited for empty tables on 2 of the 3 times we visited and I suggest it is always worth waiting for something this good.

1  Thank tmlb63

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My girlfriend and I found this cafe near the northern end of the high street while we were wandering around town. We had a lovely coffee and left but the draw of the fantastic looking cakes on display meant we returned after a hour or so to try them as we'll. We were not disappointed, the cake was tasty with freshly made cream and was perfect for a cold day in Tromso. The cafe is small but is warm and welcoming with lovely little tables to perch at and enjoy tasty goodies. The young lady working here was friendly and the cafe was clean and tidy, I would go back if I return to Tromso.

2  Thank Trev79
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I went to this cafe twice for lunch and for their cakes. Their shrimps bagel is yummy. The cakes too are great. Only thing is that they do not have cupcakes on the 2 days.

1  Thank carefree_traveller88
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Went into this little cafe after lunch with my wife & our 3-year old.

Had an apple tart, a chocolate cake, an espresso & a mocha. As far as the pastries go, there's only 1 way to describe - Top-notch.

They made a cup of steam milk (not on the menu) for our little gal.. To top that off, they made another espresso (w/o additional charges) after I "disappeared" for 10 minutes to buy additional parking ticket.

Now, that is what I call service worthy of the tag "Going the extra mile"..

Keep it up.

1  Thank Day L
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We sought out Elli's after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. This small cafe is bright and clean and we had a table in the window which allowed us to enjoy our coffees and watch the world go by outside on the main street. We were still quite full after breakfast, but still managed to share a slice of the renowned apple cake, which was delicious served with vanilla icecream and whipped cream. Elli was very pleasant and attentive, even turning down the heater above the door after noticing that my wife was feeling the heat on the back of her neck. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank alunwyn