“Stayed a night after escape from construction site”

Clarion Hotel The Edge
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
GreenLeadersGold level
Sistranda, Norway
“Stayed a night after escape from construction site”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent my 3rd and last night on business trip at the Edge. Friendly and accomodating staff.
Phone not hooked up, Fridges in hallway to be installed. Really good breakfast.
Nice hearth to welcome and warm you after getting chilled soaking in the last rays at Skarven , just around the corner. Nice soup in the restaurant. Nice architectual setting near the Coastal steamer dock.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for your review, and for choosing Clarion Hotel The Edge.
We always try to improve and we promise to work hard to be better.

We hope to see you again :)

Welcome Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sortland, Norway
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The newest hotel in Tromsø is awesome. Not 100% finished yet, but good enuff. Very good location, Since I am a Gold member I was upgraded to a suite on the 6.floor. The view was very excelent. I'll be back

Dear Stian,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us :)

Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the hotel's opening weekend.

The view from the room in the fourth floor was a bit disappointing. The location of the hotel is as close to the ocean as you can get, but still our room just had partial ocean view, and I still think there are a lot rooms with even less view. The room's interior was stylish and adequate in size. Big shower.

Some start problems which probably will get better with time. E.g. didn't the front desk phone work, so it was hard to find out about practical questions as check out time (which wasn't stated anywhere in the hotel room). Also quite much noise from the party in the lobby even on the fourth floor.

The breakfast was great. Varied and with homemade omelets.

All in all a good hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Sigurd,

Thank you very much for your feedback after your stay at Clarion Hotel The Edge.
This is very important to us as we always work to improve our services.
I apologize for the inconvenience with your stay, and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast.

We promise to continue to work hard to be better, and we hope we can welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel 6 to 8 of May. It was far from finished and had some troubles.

Im a Gold member at Choice hotel so Im supposed to be upgraded. When I arrived i got a room in the 5 floor With a view to a brick wall and a air condition that was very noisy. The window was very dirty and hasnt been cleaned.

I went to the reception and asked for a New room. This time i got a room in the 7 th floor , With the the smallest bathroom I ever have seen. The window was ( very) dirty here as well, and just outside my room it was a airdrier machine that was very noisy ( they dried up the carpet beacuse they had a water leakage just before)

I went to the reception again..and said this is unacceptable. I told them I was a Gold member and was supposed to be upgraded and I just got bad rooms. I got a big excuse and got upgraded to a reallynice and huge room ( 903 ) in the corner With view over the Ocean on both sides. I even got a treat , Kaia the receptionist come up to my room With some snacs and a few beers. So in the end it was good service and Kaia did a good job ( The Danish man in the receptionist did a bad job)

Anyway when the hotel is finished and "runned in"I think it will be the best in Tromsoe. Now its not.

Room Tip: High up in the building facing the sea
Hi,

Thank you so much for your review.
This is very important to us as we always work to improve our services.
I’m very sorry about moving you around to different rooms.
We take this feedback very seriously and we promise to improve our service at the hotel.
And as a Gold member you will always be upgraded if possible.
Very glad to hear that Kaja delivered good service and I will make sure that she gets the information.

Welcome Offfice Manager