“Perfection!”

Clarion Hotel The Edge
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Possibly our favourite hotel in Norway.
Very modern hotel. All the staff were very friendly.
The room was huge, with all the facilities that we could have asked for, and beautiful views
High quality bathroom products, and good selection of teas and coffees in the room.
The bed was very comfortable!
Choice of food at breakfast was also amazing!

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a floor as you can - the views are excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for the positive review of your recent visit to The Edge and Tromsø. We are delighted to read your appraisal of our rooms, staff and food :)

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Welcome Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference recently, and I was amazed with how wonderful the service was! The staff is very friendly and helpful--always willing to go out of their way to help a guest. The food is AMAZING!!! Especially the breakfast! There's quite a variety for the complementary breakfast that they serve: breads, meats, cheeses, yogurt bar, eggs, sausage, and (my favorite) the omelet station. The other great thing about the breakfast is that it's available as early as ~6 a.m. until as late at 11 a.m., which allows those early-risers to get some fuel for the day AND those that like to sleep-in (like me!) the chance to do so and not miss out. The other great thing about the hotel is that the rooms have really dark curtains, which is a must during the midnight sun in order to get any sleep. The hotel is brand new, so there are a few things here and there that are prone to glitches, such as the elevator (the doors would open randomly), but other than that everything was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who visited Tromso.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. The bar is on the 11th floor, so that floor may be a little noisy...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Nikki,

Thank you for the positive review of your recent visit to The Edge and Tromsø. We are delighted to read your appraisal of our service and breakfast.

We really appreciate this feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Tromsø.

Have a great summer =)

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The best hotel we have stayed at in Tromsø. The service was good (except at check in, the reseptionist was busy and we did not get much iinformation about the facilities). The room had a breathtaking view, but the midnight sun shining on our windows all night made the room very hot. It seemed to have air condition, but it did not work at all. Anyway, the best thing with this hotel was the breakfast, I had my greatest hotel breakfast experience ever here.

Room Tip: Midnight sun on the north side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and for visiting Clarion Hotel The Edge.

Have a great summer!

Please feel free to contact me at: marianne.hoybakk@choice.no

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Brand new hotel with perfect location and nice view, but hotel is not completely finished. Breakfast is very good with wide choice and variety. Staff is friendly and professional. That is all what was positive. The rest of my experience during my 4 days visit to this hotel is something different. I arrived 11.06.2014 to a conference and get room 601, which was clautsrophobic small, bad was from wall to wall right under window. There wan not place to putt the baggage, without disturbing way to bad or to the bathroom. There was not place in wardrobe to put more than 2 shirts, because the mini bar, safe and ironing table was placed inside. After complaining, I get much much more spacious room 1201. This rom was very cold, something was wrong with central warming system, and after they tried to fix the problem I get offer to have en extra heater. Second night of my stay, was not hot water when I was in shower bath. The same night ca. 1,30-2,30 AM was very, very noissy music which waked me up and it was impossible to believe that was from lobby. Finally, the day before departure I came to information desk to ask if any conference room or PC in the hotel are available to guests for online check in. Incredible or not, but answer was that hotel could not offer use of PC for guests?! One or to PC´s available for guests are standard in almost all hotels, but Clarion Edge maybe expect from each guest to travel with own PC. They suggested first that I try to check in my flight by cell phone and send boarding pass to the hotel by e-mail and than they can print out my boarding pass. Very easy and simple procedure. Situation was improved by one other person from reception who finished my online check in personally.
After all, it was too much simple things which have to be organised better at hotel with ambitions to deserve 4 or 5 stars. I hope some things will be changed in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid room 601, claustrophobic small.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Elvedin,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing Clarion Hotel The Edge.

We are delighted to read your appraisal of our view, breakfast and service from staff.
We greatly value your feedback and we are in progress with making a business center with computers for our guest.

We promise to continue to work hard to be better, and we hope we can welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Please feel free to contact me at marianne.hoybakk@choice.no.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is just on the edge (naturally) of the quay. Great views from the 10th floor towards the mountains. Beds are comfortable, very crystal clear TV, extra pillows.

The breakfast is one of the best I have seen. Lots of varieties. You could order your own omelette or pancake from the chefs.

Service was very helpful.

Room Tip: Get rooms with view to the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank norztn
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Norztn,
Thank you for the positive review of your recent visit to The Edge and Tromsø. We are delighted to read your appraisal of our view, rooms, service and breakfast.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best hotels in Norway in my opinion...as a tourbus driver i have visited hotels all over Norway included the historic hotels, but none of them can compete with this hotel.

Great rooms and a magnific view from the rooms in the top floors.
The breakfast was also in the top range.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dagfinn1962
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Dagfinn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am truly glad you had such positive experience during your stay with us =) We really appreciate this feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Tromsø.

Have a great summer =)

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience! Rooms were great with robes and slippers waiting for weary travelers. Breakfast was great as well. Location is right by the water. No problem with noise. They just started Segway tours from the hotel. They also were most helpful in allowing my husband to arrange for a birthday cake to be waiting for us in our room when we arrived. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah W
Marianne H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel The Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your kind review.
We love making guests happy and I am delighted to see that we delivered service with passion.

Segway is really fun - I hope you got the chance to drive.

We really look forward to welcoming you back.

Have a great summer :)