“great hotel, friendly staff, great service”
Review of Enter Viking Hotel

Enter Viking Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Tromso
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed for two nights in this great hotel. I booked one of the small apartments but due to a mixup we got a double room for the first night. The rooms are nice and comfortable if a bit small. The beds are fine but also rather slim. The bathroom is well equipped and has floor heating.
The receptionist is very friendly and helpful, he gave us lots of information about the city. Once we discovered the mixup, he offered us the biggest apartment for the price I paid for the small apartment for our second night. The biggest apartment is 43 m2 and a real beauty with fireplace, well equipped kitchen, big flatscreen TV and view of the mountains.
Location couldn't be better, the hotel is in the center of town and you can easily reach all there is to see by foot.
Price is really good considering that the hotel is in North Norway. I can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiraneo

Reviewed 22 June 2011

Centraly located good hotel. Rooms are bit small, but clean and beds are good. Very good breakfast. Helpfull staff. Parking only on the street, which is not free.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2011

just back from my second trip to tromso norway and it was amazing.
to make it all the more special was the viking hotel apartments..
i stayed 3 nights with my mate and my parents for a late christmas gift and we had a fab time.
the apartments were excellent 3 bedrooms,fully fitted kitchen,large lounge with a very large tv,dvd and hifi although as we were out all the time we didnt use them
it is like home from home
heated floors and enough towels to dry the whole of tromso
the service from mr Jensen is second to non and he will advise on all your needs and tours. trust me when i say this is truly a great location to stay as it was my second time at viking hotel and i will not be my last

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Perfect small but quality city hotel. Clean, modern, comfortable room with great bathroom. Tasty and plentiful breakfast (and on the day I left they opened breakfast early for me so I could eat in time to catch my early flight). Great staff, friendly, know all the local info and willing to help with anything - and the Northern Lights guide they use will give you the very best chance of seeing them (ask for Iver who is great and at 650 kr the best price around). Location is a quiet street just 50m from the start of the main shopping and sightseeing street, 10 mins from the water. Tromso is a small but lively city, pretty, lots to see and do, and perfect for Northern Lights, husky sleighing, and clean air/mountains.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I liked staying at this hotel and would choose it again if I return to tromso. The location is great, one block from the main street, the staff are friendly and the rooms adequate. there's also a decent free breakfast and tea/coffee available in the lobby. This may not sound like much, but when you see the price of food and drink in tromso you will certainly appreciate it.

The welcome I got was excellent and there was always help to book excursions etc and a friendly face and chat on returning to the hotel after a day or night out. The bathroom in my room was immaculate, with a great power shower and heated floor. The free wifi available certainly helped (again a great bonus coinsidering the prices charged elsewhere for internet access). The only minor downside was the bed was quite small, but that didn't stop me getting a good night's sleep - the hotel is on a quiet street despite being so close to the centre of town. Also nearby is a supermarket (Eurospar) where you can buy basic provisions and some hot food and snacks at a reasonable price.

All things considered I was very satisfied with the experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank N T
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I stayed in one of the two bedroom appartments with my wife and two kids.
The best decision of my holiday,the appartments are average size but easily big enough to keep four people happy,they were spotless inside and had everything you needed in terms of self catering. Tromso is a very expensive place to eat out however just around the corner there was a Eurospar supermarket which sold everything you wanted to make some fantstic meals and at a fraction of the price in the very expensive restraunts.
Mr Jansen and his staff were also a pleasure,every morning you were met with a big smile and genuine interest in what you had been upto and what plans you had for the day ahead.There was nothing that the staff would not help you with and the hotel had a great feel to it.
I sat in the bar watching football on two occasions and it was a pleasure talking about football on both occasions with Evan even though he supported Man U and just to note the hotel sold the cheapest priced beer in any Tromso hotel or bar.
To sum up we had a great time the manager and staff were fantastic the value was as good as anything available its location was second to none and the advice we received about all the activities was invaluable.
I will be back soon and i will stay in this hotel again and would highly reccomend it to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank louiselley
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed at a 2 BR basement apartment at the Viking for 4 nights. Its close to the centre of the city with SPAR and a Shell petrol station available for you to shop for supplies... (there is a also a shopping mall close by)
Nice sized apartment with most furnishings (no dishwasher)...equipped kitchen (with microwave, ceramic cooktop, oven etc. did not find hot water kettle.)

Affordable by Norwegians standards, the people at reception were helpful and we had a nice, private and peaceful time in Tromso.
Saw an amazing display of Aurora Borealis in the Lyngen Alps where Temps were in the range of -10 to -25. Tromso was extremely mild with temps ranging from -1 to -5.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family