“Great service and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 110 Restaurants in Tromso
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The people where very friendly, good tasting tapas and a good choice of wine and that in a relaxed atmosphere.

Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
Stavanger
“Interesting Norwegian tapas, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

Nice place with friendly staff and very interesting local tapas. Everything was very tasty and nicely prepared. Good value considering norwegian prices. Nice selection of speciality beer that go nicely with the food. Atmosphere could be improved for a more cozy feel, like better lighting. To sum up, I would go again.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Aoa-san
Miami, Florida
“Awesome Tapas, Service And Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

On a dinner recommendation of a college student, I make my way to Storgata 36. Navigating up a set of stairs I find myself at the entrance of Presis, a tapas restaurant and bar. With dark wood furniture and soft lighting from table candles and cool chandeliers, the atmosphere of Presis is warm and welcoming.

I arrive shortly after the restaurant has opened and I am only the second table to be seated. A refreshing ice cold glass of water is served and a pitcher of it is left behind which I appreciate. Although this is a restaurant best enjoyed as a group I am going to make the best of my dining experience by sort of eating like one.

Cured Reindeer, Grilled Artichoke Hearts, Fish Cakes and Salted Potatoes are ordered. As I wait for my main courses to be prepared a basket of warm toasted focaccia bread with an olive spread is served.

My first taste of a slice covered with the olive spread and I am ready to cancel my main courses. I am prepared to just double or triple down on the focaccia. If this is truly what is representative of the kitchen then my taste buds are in for a real treat.

Although there is only one waiter he is definitely efficient. He attends to new patrons and has the right timing to not neglect those of us that are already seated. I am impressed.

My main courses arrive and I have a bit of a dilemma, which one gets to grace my taste buds first. If the way to a man's heart is through his stomach then a heart to the stomach should have the honors. Grilled to perfection, I swirl pieces of the artichoke in the light olive oil in which it is served and savor. Delicious!

Next it's the Fish Cakes which I first drizzle with fresh lime juice. Although deep fried it is almost unnoticeable because of the light coating. Sampled with some of the Raw Salad (sliced carrots, apples and onions) on which it is served, my taste buds are delighted.

A fork through the Salted Potatoes is almost like putting a hot knife through butter. These are done perfect with just right amount of saltiness.

I save the Cured Reindeer for last. As a not too big a fan of sour cream except in cakes, it is the only dish that I would order slightly different next time. Served sliced and topped with sour cream and onions, I thought the sour cream overpowered the cured taste of the meat.

Dinner is finished of with a large cup of passion tea as I watch the restaurant fill up with more patrons that I am sure will also have an awesome dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank DMBTraveler
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tapas with a local twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Having read about presis in the lonely planet guide, we decided to try out this small resturant for whilst visiting tromso. I was highly impressed with the relaxed atmosphere and excellent food. Although we we're expecting a Spanish style resturant was pleasently surprised by the localally inspired menu (cured reindeer, king crab and dried fish) alongside more traditional spanish dishes such as chorizo and patas bravas. Overall was a very pleasing experiance and would highly recommend to anyone whilst visiting tromso.

1 Thank Jamess1976
oslo
“Superb dinner and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was just a really pleasent experience from start to end. The service was really good, in a warm and nice way, the interior was great, with really good chairs to enjoy the great food for many hours to an end.
The dishes here wasn't just great tasting, but very interesting and different. We can really recommend this place. Amizingly it wasn't that expensive either

• Visited December 2011