“Lovely outlook”
Review of Holmen Fjordhotell

Holmen Fjordhotell
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Akershus
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The situation is excellent, particularly if you're into boating with its jetty at the back. There's also a small vintage car collection on display in the museum contained within the complex.
We arrived on a Sunday evening and, to be honest, there was not a lot going on - it was very quiet with everything shut up - no restaurant, no bar and not a lot of service except you could order a limited selection of drinks at the reception desk.
Sleep quality was good and the breakfast reasonable - you can get freshly cooked eggs and omelettes if you ask.
A coach party arrived as we we're checking out, so I guess the hotel can get very busy with conferences and tour parties. We were lucky since what we missed in facilities was made up for in a tranquil stay. As a stop-over for our party, it served its purpose well with convenient surface car parking close by.
Would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back,which have gorgeous views and have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at Holmen Fjordhotell one night in May 2014. I only had 1 visitor in my hotel-room during my stay (my own sister), so it's SO obviously that a member of the staff stole 3 items from me: an expensive blazer jacket (clearly worth €€€, I guess someone in the staff loved it so much they just had to steal it) + a pearl necklace and a rather expensive makeup item are also missing... :-( - I've emailed and phoned the staff about these missing items, and they have not taken any responsibility, or tried to look for my items... - NOT OK!
One a positive note - the view was magnificent, the food was good too...
But the staff were unhelpful, and not as cheerful/smiley as receptionist workers usually are in other hotels...(I've noticed that the moment I first checked in, so my impression about the receptionists does not have anything to do with the theft I experienced...).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ninni L
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for just 1 night - business trip. And I do not recommend it at all. Go somewhere else!

When I arrived at 12 o`clock I asked for a room in the new section, and was told to wait till 3 o`clock. When I returned at 3, there was no room left in the new section. The room they gave me was furnished like in the 80s - and small and extremely dark. To get there was not easy either - you have to walk through many diffferent corridors and stars to finally get there.

The bad serivce given was also experienced later the same evening in the bar. I bought a glas of red wine, which was not drinkable - it tasted and smelled liked winegard. When I complained I was told I couldnt`t get a new one since I already had a sip.... OMG

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Globerotta
Reviewed 30 March 2014

we spent two days at this lovely spot - in contradiction to some of the other reviews we found the service and restaurant very good - small but lovely menue - and very Nice Food. The hotel room was fantastic in terms of view and good in terms of standard -

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Used to be one of the best conference hotels surrounding Oslo. Not any more. The food was mainly bland. Meeting rooms are nice, view beautiful, excellent parking. But no atmosphere any more. The place seems to lack a host. The staff does not take on an overall responsibility for their guests comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Been at this hotel before, but this time was it really bad. The hotel is beautifully located with a fantastic outdoor area n to the sea. But this time was a huge disappointment.
First of all, I didn't get my room until 4pm, even though I tried to check in at noon. Ok, I know they do check in from 2pm, but earlier has this not been a problem as long as you are there for a seminar.....
Secondly, the service has gone down intense areas: reception (sour people....), the outdoor bar had glasses and empty bottles on all tables...! Got even to the point where you could only get bear on bottle and not on tap, even they had tap in the outdoor bar.
Third issue was the fact that ALL rooms had empty room bars!! This is bad, since most people like to use one or two items from the room bar.... This has to be a huge loss in revenue for the hotel.
Otherwise is the hotel as earlier years - see my other reviews of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotell would be nothing without its great location and view, so be sure you get a room with sea view. A hotell of this class should have a free entrance to the spa and gym for guests, that makes be disapointed.

Breakfast is good and plenyful, rooms are small, but comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akershus
Thon Hotel Vettre
#1 of 2 in Ski Municipality
Sormarka Konferansehotell
Sormarka Konferansehotell
#2 of 2 in Ski Municipality

Been to Holmen Fjordhotell? Share your experiences!