“veldig dårlig mat”

Add it.
Raymonds Mat- og Vinhus
Price range: US$59 - US$71
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Raymonds is an informal restaurant on a quiet block near Aker Brygge. Dozens of candles, cream-coloured walls covered with art and large windows create a calm atmosphere. Norwegian and exotic: Reindeer, king crab, moose, grouse, strawberries, halibut, mountain cranberries and lamb. The restaurant also has a vegetarian menu. Open on Sundays only upon request.
“veldig dårlig mat”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

så veldig dårlig mat vil ikke gå der igjen, worst place you could spend your money to eat out.
service was so bad as we asked for wine list instead the waiter insisted of bringing only 2 bottles of wine to choose as opposed to giving us the wine list. portion of food was ridiculously small and everything wasn't right. will never dare to go back to this restaurant anymore.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank kjng85

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite restaurant in Oslo”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Two weeks ago I was in Oslo to give a lecture and my friends graciously took me to what has become my favorite restaurant in Oslo. Each time I have been to this restaurant I have be taken with the careful and interesting approach to the creation of the meal and it's presentation. I've also been taken with Erik, the force behind Raymond's. Incredibly well read and globally aware, the courses for dinner always seemed to generate some informative commentary, and in a few cases, stimulating discussion international discussion. I was bit surprised by the lack of choice the first time I was taken to Erik's but this is part of the charm: Erik ensures that he serves you noting that you don't like, or cannot or will not eat, whatever the reason. And, then, it's an adventure of beautifully presented, fabulously prepared, luscious food that - if you wish - Erik will pair with wine.Our seafood soup was so good that the 6 of us practically licked the bowl. The beef was just beautiful: melt in your mouth tender with a wonderful reduction. The cheese plate was simply inspired. And my companions thought that the coffee was some of the best they have every had. Making good coffee is not trivial. I travel internationally all the time and am serious about food. I also cook seriously, so I know what goes into this type of individually cooked and served meal. Erik could cook for me anytime. This restaurant is not going to appeal to everyone: it's small, you relinquish control over most choices to chef, the chef expects some intellectual engagement and attentiveness to the meal, and it's not cheap. But it is wonderful and original, and I will eat there every chance I get. For the savvy, smart and curious.....I would recommend not missing it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karen O
Oslo, Norway
“unfriendly rude service,small supermarket beer and no menu,do not enter”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

asked unfriendly waitor for menu ,but there was no menu only a surprise,when we decided to leave the waitor said we could choose between fish or meat and marked the table cloth with a green pen,and started a hangman guessing what food we would get,a fun game but not when the waitor is unfriendly and probably high on drugs. I choose fish that was ok.when we asked for beer to drink he got offended and brought us beer in bottles from the supermarket,not ok.stay away from this place,it does not treat you with respect and that is not ok.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank MPnr1
“Not bad.”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a concept restaurant that has no menu. there's todays menu only, take it or leave it. We were there with a Groupon coupon, and I think we got great value for our money. the meal was a 4 course meal. It started with a spicy fishsoup witch was quite nice, then a lemon marinated salmon tartar, also ok. The main coure was fried pheasant. This could have been better; a little to long in the frying pan made it dry and hard to chew, but it had a very nice sauce. After this we got a cheese platter and finally a chocholate fondant for dessert, and this was the best part of the meal.
The only negative thing about this is that when you have no menu, the waiter has to be a little bit more informative about the food and you should not have to ask what the food is!
I'd go again if I get the same deal. It's also close to Aker Brygge, where you can continue your evening in a wide ranger of bars,pubs and clubs.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank TomT1
Oslo, Norway
“allright food - poor service”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

A small place close to Aker Brygge. We saw straight away that the waiter was shabby looking and that he wasn't service minded. We asked for some white wine and he came back with a bottle of Riesling without offering a wine list. At the restaurant you can only choose between to things - meat or fish (400 kr per person). The menu is a surprise, meaning that you don't know what you will get until it is served (and he still didn't tell us what we got).

My sisters chose the meat menu since they don't like fish, but the first to courses they got consisted of fish. When they got their second dish my mother told the waiter that they had ordered meat. Then he rolled his eyes and left. They put out crayons on all the tables. It was fun, but maybe a bit inappropriate.

The food was good but still pricy and the portions were small. WE WILL NOT RETURN! EVER!

• Visited July 2011