“Terrible. Don't go there!”
Review of Raymonds Mat- og Vinhus - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Raymonds Mat- og Vinhus
Price range: US$59 - US$71
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Raymonds is an informal restaurant on a quiet block near Aker Brygge. Dozens of candles, cream-coloured walls covered with art and large windows create a calm atmosphere. Norwegian and exotic: Reindeer, king crab, moose, grouse, strawberries, halibut, mountain cranberries and lamb. The restaurant also has a vegetarian menu. Open on Sundays only upon request.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Food was very bad, and I mean very bad! Soup was made of the prefabricated soup powder, fish in the starter was overcooked and in the main dish - on a contrary- Fish was dry and hard on the top. The service was even worse - guy with no sense for service, you are asked if you want some wine, and then he will put the whole bottle in front of you and charge you for "what you drink of it" - but in the end he will come and pour another glass even you don't want it and of course, you end up with the bill for a half of the bottle even though you had one glass only, my husband wanted an alcohol free beer - it was not good enough for the waiter, he came with an apple cider, he came to the table poured a glass and only then said that since this is a sparkling cider we need to pay for the whole bottle (0,75ml)! That bottle of sparkling, non alcohol apple soda costed 120NOK! There is no music and no atmosphere what so ever. You sit in the unpleasant silence and listen to some laud conversation of the neighbour table. I regret every minute I spent there. Not to mention the money! Waste of time, money and energy! I will NEVER go there again!

2  Thank Klaudia_Oslo

Reviewed 28 October 2012

what a place to eat, such a very bad service and so the food. the waiter needs to sort himself out so grumpy and no customer service or whatsoever at all. food portion was so small and taste really bad. we will never ever go back to this place ever again!!!

2  Thank siri j
Reviewed 27 October 2012

så veldig dårlig mat vil ikke gå der igjen, worst place you could spend your money to eat out.
service was so bad as we asked for wine list instead the waiter insisted of bringing only 2 bottles of wine to choose as opposed to giving us the wine list. portion of food was ridiculously small and everything wasn't right. will never dare to go back to this restaurant anymore.

3  Thank kjng85
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Two weeks ago I was in Oslo to give a lecture and my friends graciously took me to what has become my favorite restaurant in Oslo. Each time I have been to this restaurant I have be taken with the careful and interesting approach to the creation of the meal and it's presentation. I've also been taken with Erik, the force behind Raymond's. Incredibly well read and globally aware, the courses for dinner always seemed to generate some informative commentary, and in a few cases, stimulating discussion international discussion. I was bit surprised by the lack of choice the first time I was taken to Erik's but this is part of the charm: Erik ensures that he serves you noting that you don't like, or cannot or will not eat, whatever the reason. And, then, it's an adventure of beautifully presented, fabulously prepared, luscious food that - if you wish - Erik will pair with wine.Our seafood soup was so good that the 6 of us practically licked the bowl. The beef was just beautiful: melt in your mouth tender with a wonderful reduction. The cheese plate was simply inspired. And my companions thought that the coffee was some of the best they have every had. Making good coffee is not trivial. I travel internationally all the time and am serious about food. I also cook seriously, so I know what goes into this type of individually cooked and served meal. Erik could cook for me anytime. This restaurant is not going to appeal to everyone: it's small, you relinquish control over most choices to chef, the chef expects some intellectual engagement and attentiveness to the meal, and it's not cheap. But it is wonderful and original, and I will eat there every chance I get. For the savvy, smart and curious.....I would recommend not missing it.

1  Thank Karen O
Reviewed 20 September 2012

asked unfriendly waitor for menu ,but there was no menu only a surprise,when we decided to leave the waitor said we could choose between fish or meat and marked the table cloth with a green pen,and started a hangman guessing what food we would get,a fun game but not when the waitor is unfriendly and probably high on drugs. I choose fish that was ok.when we asked for beer to drink he got offended and brought us beer in bottles from the supermarket,not ok.stay away from this place,it does not treat you with respect and that is not ok.

2  Thank MPnr1