“Very slow and kinda unfriendly staff”

Hereford Steakhouse
Ranked #238 of 1,600 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Hereford Steakhouse grill menu you will find, among other things, meat with pedigree from the British Hereford breed, sought after for its quality all the way back to the 1600s. You can also find Kobe meat and Aberdeen Angus meat: Juicy, tender meat - in demand worldwide. The steaks are served in three different weight categories. If you do not wish to eat beef or homemade burgers, the kitchen at Hereford Steakhouse offers variations of chicken, Norwegian salmon, tapas and spareribs from the grill. Salads, sauces and desserts are of course made from scratch. Hereford Steakhouse is a casual place with nice, modern, rustic inferior. Great outdoor seating in summer
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We went there on a weekday evening and it was our last day in Olso why we chose to have a special dinner. We arrived around 7.30pm and we were the only guests. Few other guests came in later. The atmosphere was thus not very relaxed - also, the background music was off most of the time.
The service spoke only little English which is quite uncommon for Norway and especially Oslo, but we managed to make our order. The first bottle of wine he brought was a more expensive one than the one we ordered, but it got changed right away.
We had two Entrecôtes and two burgers (the burgers were huge). One steak was very good, but the other one was very gristly. The food wasn't that outstanding.
I do not really recommend this restaurant due to the experiences we had. They might have had a 'not so good' day, but resumed: our stay wasn't good at all.
The prices are (which is typical for Oslo) very high, but we had better dinner at cheaper places.

1  Thank J0513

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Very cosy and relaxed steak house down by the river, you can really lean back and enjoy your food. We had the large size entrecote. The steak was juicy, tender and had a tasteful trim of fat. It was served with freshly sauteed vegetables and yummy fried potatoes. There was also a good sauce on the side. Simple and delicious food. Nice and helpful waiter. Will be back.

1  Thank Italianinoslo
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times and I love the steaks here. And I really like that they serve the sauce separate.
The staff is also friendly and nice. It's not a cheap place, but it's worth the money:)

2  Thank Nina_Hi82
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I visited the place a Thursday in November. The waiter was polite and helpful, especially when I asked what botteled beer they had. It took a bit too long before he picked up our orders - and then it took almost 40 minutes before dinner was served. It's not a place to visit if you're in a hurry. My husband ordered burger and was very pleased with the taste, not with the size: 200 gram is too big for a lot of people, including him and me. I ordered peppersteak and got the most perfect medium I've ever had.

I would love it if we could choose the sizes of the burgers, as we could with the beefsteak. I'm afraid we did not have room for dessert.

The placing, at Akerselva's riverbank, makes this a perfect place for a quiet evening, especially in summer.

We'll be back!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Love it! The food is good (bit pricey...but thats Norway) deserts are illegally good, especially the brule, good selections of wine and lovely atmosphere. The service is fab. I eat here coz they all make me feel good, friendly and that little extra. Dont forget to ask for the churichuri sauce ;)

1  Thank Katherine_Key