“The best in Oslo - so far”

Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Previously I had spent a few nights in Thon Opera and I felt ripped off for what I got. That one is an extremely exposed hotel with very central location (as compared to Oslo S station), but Thon Panorama is even better, especially if you have to do anything in the downtown.
Panorama is a very nice hotel, I received a room which I think was (out of pure luck) extremely airy, cozy, what else could I say, magnificent. The rest of the hotel is just on par with expectations for the price. Good!
I think I found THE business hotel in Oslo.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kerenyi

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Surprisingly good service for a Norwegian hotel! Relative new hotel, the rooms were nice, spacious and clean. Missing a hotel bar though.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank kristinep1963
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I was shocked at how great my room was in this hotel, I was on the 10th floor and could see over the Oslo Fjord. The room was more like a little apartment, with kitchen, seating area, lounge, bedroom and bathroom. I only paid for a single room and so I was shocked at the size and standard of the room.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast that was included was excellent. The location was great, close to everything in the centre and Oslo S train station is walkable even with a suitcase.
I wish I had used this hotel for the whole of my stay in Oslo! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Aliwilliams78
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Anonymous entrance, small elevators, large rooms. Nothing special to report.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I have stayed at the Oslo Panorama several times this last year, both alone and together with my wife, childeren. We have been very pleased with the hotel, especially the really great service we get from the staff. All our questioned was answered with a "yes of cource", and they even try to find better rooms than what is booked if available. I and my family give the hotel our very best recommendations.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TottoV
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Well done, we only stayed 3 nights but would love to have stayed longer, superb suite with more facilities than my house. Spotlessly clean, well serviced rooms and one of teh most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Great continental style breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I am a budget traveler and chose this hotel as a two night stay as they had a buy one night get a second for free. For the price it was a really nice hotel. I will say that we ended up with one of the smallest rooms in the hotel, but it was still clean and comfortable. The atmosphere in the hotel was relaxed and soothing and the breakfast that was included consisted of everything under the sun. Out of all the hotels we stayed at in Norway, this was one of the best and we would look forward to returning for another stay. At full price, I still think it is a good deal, but at Buy One Night and Get another for free it was a steal, and is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple