“Great location”

Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights based on the Rick Steves guidebook recommendation.
The location was within walking distance of the train station and many attractions and restaurants. Breakfast offered healthy and hearty options. Though we requested an upper level floor, our second floor room was just as described: spacious, clean, modern and two patio areas. One patio overlooked the courtyard for a quiet morning cup of coffee. Wifi worked well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Caroline W, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Danielle C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, we really appreciate it. I'm so happy to hear that even though you got a room on the lowest floor you found it to be spacious and modern and that you could enjoy a cup of coffee on the patio in the mornings. I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Oslo!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Checked in for one week on the 1/7/14. Was given room 602. Although we had no panoramic view it was spacious and a nice modern kitchen. There was a balcony and plenty of windows which flooded the room with light. It had flat screen tv and some channels are free such as news and so on, like in all hotels you pay for movies ect. My wife and I were very happy here for our stay.
The hotel was clean quite and location was fab. This is a business that puts the customer first. The breakfast was very good and the dining room staff were delightful

If you are 67 years or over you can get your airport express bus at half price. Public transport pass for Oslo city on bus, metro, tram and boat to some islands are also half price for seniors

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mick044

Dear Mick044,
Thank you so much for your excellent review. It's delightful to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room and location to your satisfaction. It's especially nice that you felt that we put the guest first (which of course is our philosophy) and I will most certainly share your kind comments about the breakfast and breakfast staff with the kitchen. We look very much forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oslo!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is located in a terrific location. It was great for families - there was a ping pong table in the front reception area, which my younger son enjoyed. The breakfast was of great quality. The rooms were clean - they were a little small, but clean. The WiFi worked quite well. The employees at the hotel were friendly. I was able to have coffee and tea whenever I wanted. I thought the hotel was quite nice for the amount we payed. Certainly, my children enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors - they are quieter and the ones on the upmost floors are the largest, I beli...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Beth D,
Many thanks for taking the tme to review your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you found the hotel to be great for families and also that your children enjoyed their stay. In the summer months we do our best to transform the hotel into a child friendly and playful arena and I'm glad that shows. We hope to see you all again in the future - welcome back!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am a bit surprised by some of the less than complimentary reviews for this hotel. The hotel is perfectly located - close to station without being in the middle of everything. It is in walking distance of most of the main sights.

And my room on the 10th floor was spacious, comfortable and had a terrific view over the opera house and harbour. The breakfasts are plentiful and include a varied menu, and all of the staff I dealt with were polite and helpful. I'd stay here again, without question.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper floors so that you have a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kaele S,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests are of great importance to us so I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to be perfectly located. I'm also glad that you appreciated your room as well as the wide-ranged breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oslo!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

An average to good hotel, but with increased price for the offered level. The price of my room was around 150 euro but was quite small. The hotel gives you the impression of a small labyrinthus and the rooms are a bit dipressive. It looks like this building had another use and was transforemed later to a hotel.

Restroom had a smell of waste water and mold, but apart from that it was clean.

Breakfast is very good and generous, with good variety.

Personnel is very polite but also very limited.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fixed windows and can not open. Request to avoid those ones, especially during summe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear NTG24,
Thank you for finding the time to post a review of your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that the room didn't quite live up to your expectations. Should you choose to return, please contact us in advance and we will do our very best to find you a brighter room further up. Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope we can welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel has a very central location in downtown Oslo. Close to the stock market and the main street Karl Johan. It has a nice first look, but if you scratch the surface you will find it lacking in most ends. The staff seem to vary from ok to non-competent stand-ins. My upgraded business room had clear signs of wear, but the worst was the bathroom. Lacking functioning ventilation has probably been a problem over time, because it was clear stains of mold in the ceiling. Mold is very unhealthy as it gets inside your lungs and can be harmful, especially for kids. The inside of the bathroom door the paint was coming off. There are other good options nearby, I would choose another hotel to have a comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: If they have rooms recently refurbished - go for those.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BravoFox
Caroline W, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear BravoFox,
Thank you for finding the time time to review your recent stay with us and provide us with valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations and apologize for the room not living up to the standard one should expect in our hotel.
You're right that there is a problem with the ventilation in the bathroom. It's due to the layout of the room and we're experiencing the same problem in all the room with the same layout as the one you had, although not as severely as in your room. It's also correct, as one can see from your photos, that there are stains in the paint on the ceiling, but we can not find that there is any mold. Of course, as a consequence of the poor ventilation, that could be an issue in the future, so we do have it on our maintenance list and will address the problem as soon as we can.
We thank you again for your feedback and wish you a good summer!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was perfect! Close to the main airport train station, close to walking to catch all the various sights and restaurants, and the room we had (a business room) was super spacious and so lovely! A separate bedroom from the living room/kitchen area which means if you have a kiddo you can skill have some private time once they go to sleep (although to be fair, I didnt travel with my son this trip). But I am tuned into this sorta thing and this place had lots of kid friendly things, including breakfast, ping pong, and even chalk to draw on the ground. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chowsmith,
Thank you ever so much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your room and found the hotel to be perfect. It's also very nice to see that you appreciate our efforts to be child friendly. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon!