“Fantastic room overlooking the Fjord, highly recommend”

Thon Hotel Oslo Panorama
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic room overlooking the Fjord, highly recommend”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I was shocked at how great my room was in this hotel, I was on the 10th floor and could see over the Oslo Fjord. The room was more like a little apartment, with kitchen, seating area, lounge, bedroom and bathroom. I only paid for a single room and so I was shocked at the size and standard of the room.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast that was included was excellent. The location was great, close to everything in the centre and Oslo S train station is walkable even with a suitcase.
I wish I had used this hotel for the whole of my stay in Oslo! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Aliwilliams78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Anonymous entrance, small elevators, large rooms. Nothing special to report.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Norway
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I have stayed at the Oslo Panorama several times this last year, both alone and together with my wife, childeren. We have been very pleased with the hotel, especially the really great service we get from the staff. All our questioned was answered with a "yes of cource", and they even try to find better rooms than what is booked if available. I and my family give the hotel our very best recommendations.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TottoV
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Well done, we only stayed 3 nights but would love to have stayed longer, superb suite with more facilities than my house. Spotlessly clean, well serviced rooms and one of teh most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Great continental style breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Graham H
dayton
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I am a budget traveler and chose this hotel as a two night stay as they had a buy one night get a second for free. For the price it was a really nice hotel. I will say that we ended up with one of the smallest rooms in the hotel, but it was still clean and comfortable. The atmosphere in the hotel was relaxed and soothing and the breakfast that was included consisted of everything under the sun. Out of all the hotels we stayed at in Norway, this was one of the best and we would look forward to returning for another stay. At full price, I still think it is a good deal, but at Buy One Night and Get another for free it was a steal, and is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s002axb
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Thon Hotel Panorama is one of the most kid-friendly hotels we've ever stayed in. Our kids were given coloring kits and free ice cream bars when we checked in. There's a wonderful play room full of toys, a ping-pong table in the lobby, and thoughtful extras like sippy cups and kids' plates and utensils in the breakfast room. The rooms are Scandinavian-modern with conveniences like a fridge and coffee maker. Good location close to some of Oslo's top sites. My only complaint was that the room was a little stuffy at night due to no ventilation/AC, and there's nowhere to store clothes save for a couple hooks on the wall. But overall, great!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CDN_abroad_2010
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Only stayed one night on my way somewhere else but this was a great hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable (although a little cramped). Had a nice view but got a lot of concert noise through the windows until midnight. Breakfast was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family