“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT QUALITY OF ROOM, GREAT SERVICE”

Best Western Kampen Hotell
Ranked #72 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Athens, Greece
“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT QUALITY OF ROOM, GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel. Stayed there 2 nights in April while on holidays as a couple. The room was very modern, tidy, spacious, and well-organised. I loved the room, the double bed was great, free coffee and tea in the room. The money I paid for my room was definitely worth it for my experience. It is actually the first ever hotel that I stayed and it also had a balcony at the 6th floor looking over Oslo (lovely view!).

Locationwise, the hotel is situated 1 min from a local metro station and it was very very handy because we could visit the rest of the city easily just by jumping into the metro. The area looked nice, safe, and clean.

Customer service was lovely. Check in was quick and effective, staff members knew their job and provided professional first line customer service. They were also very helpful, the teabags in my room were finished and they provided me with some more for free :)

At check out, the staff helped us a lot in letting us know how to catch the local bus in order to continue our journey.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! MY EXPERIENCE OF THIS PLACE WAS LOVELY! KEEP IT UP!
GREAT HOTEL!

A VERY PLEASED CUSTOMER

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gogoc389
AmarPreet S, General Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Best Western Kampen Hotel !!

First of all thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to provide your valueable comments which will help us to motivate our team.

I will make sure that your comments will be discussed in daily meetings and we will keep our momentum up with an excellent service.

Kindly contact me directly next time when you would like to make the booking so that I can offer you a special price.

Email - varun@kampenhotell.no

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights from 5th to 7th December 2013 on business.
Let me get to the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- Relatively cheaper compared to other Hotels in the area
- Not-so-luxurious-but-okay-for-a-good-morning-start kind of a breakfast
. Make-as-you-want sandwich with eggs and bacon, with fruits for dessert
- Clean and cozy rooms
- Wi-Fi in the room

Cons:
- Remote location, far from everything else
- Wi-Fi signal is very weak

In one line: If you want a quiet business hotel, stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kirantnath
AmarPreet S, General Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Best Western Kampen Hotell !!

First of thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to put your valueable comments and I assure you that your comments will be discussed in our management meeting and necessary action will be taken so our future guest should not face these kind of problems.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you a discounted price for your next visit with us. Kindly contact me directly next time at varun@kampenhotell.no to make your booking and I will make sure that you will be having a comfortable stay with us.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visitors please dont get fooled by the word 'apartment' in this hotel, as it is likely to be smaller than an average room in any other decent 4 star hotel.The hotel is unbelievably overpriced and offers almost NOTHING good.There is NO HOT WATER regardless of the fact that oslo has severe winters. We booked an apartment and expected there to be cutlery at least.There's an extra charge if you ask for plates/spoons/forks!! Can you believe it?!?! Theres no room service and one has to go down every time even if you need towels/shampoo. i went down to get ice for the night(for the second time during the day, as i once went in the evening too), and the manager could not have been more rude and said "Next time we'll send the chef for you". I also wrote a complaint at the hotel, and requested them that I'd like to meet the owner of this property. They assured me that they would call me within 24 hours, but they never did. It was a terrible experience and I strongly recommend everyone to stay away from this hotel as there are plenty of other options in Oslo, and its better to stay a little bit farther from the city center than staying 2 km away as it is. I'd prefer staying in a 1 star hotel than this one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank metal4eek
AmarPreet S, Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to apolosize for the inconvience faced by you during you stay with us at Best Western Kampen Hotel. We here at Best Western Kampen try to make sure that we should provide effecient service to all our guest but it had not been possible during your stay.

Your comments have already been discussed in management meeting and necessary steps have taken to improve the customer service.

Also, as a gesture of goodwill and more importantly to get your faith back in us, I would like to offer you the 50% discount on your next stay withus. Kindly contact me directly at varun@kampenhotell.no to make your booking and I assure you you will be having memorable stay with us.

Varun Malhotra

Travellers are raving about these Oslo hotels

Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Initially I red most of the reviews and was a bit confused on the rating, however as it appeared hotel was nice and clean, personnel was friendly and polite and breakfast was OK.

Hotel has all that's needed for economy travelers. There’s a fridge and small cooker so guests can cook a meal by themselves.

I took a breakfast offer that did cost additional 10 EUR and it was worth that money. It was a good English breakfast.

Hotel is located ~100 meters away from train station in Toyen - two train stations away from the Oslo central train station.

One thing that was missing and can be improved is additional power sockets near the bed where to plug in a phone charger and laptop.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Milkmann_J
AmarPreet S, General Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Sir/madam,

Greetings from Best Western Kampen Hotell !!

First of all thanks for your valueable time to mention about some valuable cooments about our property which inturn will help other guest to make the booking in our property.

I will make sure that these comments will be discussed in the management meeting and necessary steps will be taken for the improvements so that every gust in future should be having a comfortable stay with us.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer a discounted price next time you visit Oslo.

Kindly contact me directly at varun@kampenhotell.no

Thanks&Regards

Ph - +47 21646170
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not quite sure how this place has been described as 'a dump' by another reviewer - perhaps they stayed in another hotel or got shut in a cleaner's cupboard by accident. And I don't think we just 'got lucky' either. The overall look and style will tell you that. It is definitely not a dump. It's a smart, nicely presented business with a staff team who appeared to work really hard to accommodate our various questions and requests and make our stay welcome. But it comes with a small note of caution...

My advice if you are considering this hotel is to do your homework and READ the detail before you make your booking. As this is an 'apartment hotel' (something that seems to be peculiarly Norwegian) we weren't quite sure what to expect but having read many reviews on here, double checked what we were getting in the booking (or not) in advance and made some (well placed) assumptions and planned for them we were not disappointed.

It does have some rather unusual ways of doing things - hence the 4 stars rather than the five but they are small things that actually really count and therefore it's downfall from 5 to 4. We knew for example we had a fridge and a hob in our room but there were no plates and nothing to cook in or eat with, (but I had read about 'utensil hire' on TA so I brought 2 plastic plates and cutlery just in case) .A microwave would go a long way to help. The room slept 3 (a double and single room - very comfortable bed and beautiful bed linen) but there was only 1 chair and nowhere to really eat the food they think you might like to cook for yourself. The bathroom was immaculate and well stocked with towels, soap etc but the cleaner forgot to replace the toilet roll. And for some reason the room was cleaned during the afternoon - (every other hotel I have ever stayed in the room cleaning is done in the morning).
All tiny annoyances that if they got perfect or stopped doing altogther would make a massive difference.

We ate in the restaurant once and it was well cooked and served and appeared popular with locals who came to eat.
Staff were really nice - we met at least 5 and all were polite, helpful, chatty and made us very welcome.

The location is pretty good all told, just a few minutes walk from Toyen station and there is even a local 7-11 and a tiny cheap supermarket nearby (that was actually open on a Sunday!) where we bought some vital items for the fridge for breakfast.
I'd stay again and given the prices elsewhere in the city I'd say it was good value really.
Proceed with a little caution...

Room Tip: We had a room almost on it's own at the back. Very quiet. Check in advance of your booking to fi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AmarPreet S, General Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Best Western Kampen Hotel !!

First of all I would like to thank you for putting a valueable comments which inturn will help other guests as well when they would like to book Best Western Kampen Hotel.

After going through your cooments I found that you have notices even small things and your cooments will be discussed in management meeting for further improvement.

Kindly contact me directly next time when you would like to make your booking with us at varun@kampenhotell.no

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Visited with a large group of friends, and the accomodations were nice. Beware that when you book the apartment for 6 people, it's actually only 2 bedrooms and an uncomfortable pull out couch. Good locations, you only need to walk a bit to find the main areas of the city, good restaurants, museums, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
AmarPreet S, General Manager at Best Western Kampen Hotell, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of thanks for putting valauble comments on trip advisor.

We here at Best Western Kampen Hotel try our best to make sure that each and every guest should have a comfortable stay with us which was not possible during your stay.

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. As a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer you the discounted price next time you visit Oslo.

Kindly contact meat varun@kampenhotell.no to make the bookig next time and I will personally make sure that your next stay with us will be memorable.

Varun Malhotra.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Cheap hotel located close to the Metro station.

Stayed here 1 night for a business trip, personal at the counter was very nice and we were given a free upgrade to a larger room.

The room was with very good comfort, with fridge, sink, TV and a large bathroom.

This is probably the hotel with best quality per krone in central Oslo.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jan,

First of thank you for providing valauble comments on trip advisor.

We here at Best Western Kampen try to make sure that every guest should have comfortable stay with us and we also discuss all suggestions given by guest in our management meeting and implement changes required to improve the customer service.

Kindly contact me directly next time at varun@kampenhotell.no to avail the discounted price for your next visit to Oslo.

Please feel free to contact me for any further desire.

Varun Malhotra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oslo
Gamle Oslo
Norwegian Hotel
Norwegian Hotel
#71 of 100 in Oslo
Sentrum
Best Western Karl Johan Hotell

Been to Best Western Kampen Hotell? Share your experiences!