“what a great experience in customer service”
Review of Saga Hotel Oslo

Saga Hotel Oslo
Ranked #5 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have traveled for years now and had my share of crappy hotel experiences and I was a bit hesitant to take chance on a small boutique hotel in Oslo, but I must say my expectations were low and I was ready to be disappointed.

To my surprise the 2 nights I stayed at hotel Saga were delightful on all fronts. Stian the front desk clerk acted as a guide and went beyond his role by giving me the room I asked for and showing me the right places hang out at.

The rooms were nice and confortable (new renovations) the breakfast was plentiful and when I needed a coat for a short walk Iman gave me her personal coat I have never experienced that before in customer service. well done and I hope to be back their soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We chose this hotel as we wanted something other than a chain hotel for a two-night Christmas market break. I'm glad we did. Although it's not in the very centre of Oslo, it was a pleasant stroll down the hill past the Royal Palace into the city centre. If we didn't want to walk, there were frequent trams stopping nearby.
The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room had some odd pipework up one of the walls, which occasionally made strange noises - not enough to disturb our sleep though, but the very comfortable beds probably helped here too! Free Wi-Fi was useful for last-minute checking out of opening times at the sights. Breakfast was in the basement, and was an excellent buffet spread at which I could comfortably stock up for the morning (or the day!).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

GOOD: design and decoration, comfortable rooms and beds, silent area and neighbourhood, but still close to everything you may need, reliable WiFi connection;
BAD: could offer more amenities, breakfast room is a bit claustrophobic;

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

- Location: nice, close to Oslo royal castle and park, situated in one of Oslos ancient quarters,calm but walking distance to one of Oslo shopping streets
- Free coffee in the lounge area, free WLAN, free parking, excellent breakfast
- very nice design hotel with comfortable stylish rooms situated in one large newly renovated ancient villa which is more then 100 years old and has a modern cool interior.
- very friendly motivated staff.
- a good alternative for voyagers who prefer individual service and nice interior (compared to large high class hotel groups).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I went to the Saga Hotel on a business trip and I can say is one of the best hotels I've been during the year. The room was super comfortable, big and quite contemporary. The bathroom was good too, however there was a lack of amenities - the only thing there was shampoo for the shower.

The breakfast was good too but nothing spectacular. However, as it was my first time in Scandinavia I can't really compare with other hotel experiences there.

All in all a very good stay and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

close to everything...but not next to anything too loud. rooms/bathroom could be larger. nice staff. excellent breakfast. not cheap given location/room size...but decent price for Oslo. great bed. we'd visit again and recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Nice hotel in a reasonable location but if you could pick it up and move it to a side street near the Royal Palace's Park it would be more walkable from central Oslo. Where it is I want to score it 3.5 but Trip Advisor can't do that! Good quality breakfast as is common in Scandinavia, modern rooms slightly cool in both meanings, helpful, friendly staff. Nespresso machines in some rooms but capsules are not always refreshed, free machine in lounge too. No room safe which was a surprise for a recently, re-fitted hotel. No flannels and strange absence of hand towel. Decent free wireless.

Note: there are both express trains (orange ticket machines) from airport and NSB (red machines). The trip duration isn't much different but frequency is. If you are not in a rush or the R10/L12 train is about to go, get the far cheaper NSB train. National Theatre is nearest stop then it's Tram or just about walkable if you have light luggage. There's road works in the park at the moment so best to go around the edge.

If you are a tourist, the Oslo pass is highly likely to save you money particularly as it covers local public transport (not airport) as well as museums. The 72hr one includes a nice boat trip around harbour. It's timed from the hour so you can maximise value by starting it as late in day as possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo