“Good and quiet location on walking distance from the centre” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Saga Hotel Oslo
Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Oslo
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Good and quiet location on walking distance from the centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Nice hotel with a great service. Not the huge brand style hotels like SAS but small and with style. Hotel parking available for free! (saves you at least 20 Euro a day) and just 10 min walk to Vigeland park and 15 min to the royal palace in the city center.
Comfortable room with good bed and lots of pillows. Nice bath room.
Good breakfast and very friendly staff
An excellent place to stay in Oslo

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Napoli
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Boutique hotel in Oslo, modern furniture, nice ambiance, located in a quiete are in the city. But: the room are too small, the bathroom is even smaller, you cannot move in it. When you take a shower the floor become completely wet, not adequate. They do not have a fitness center (should I run in the snow..?)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Giuseppe68Napoli
Sagahoteloslo, Public Relations Manager at Saga Hotel Oslo, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Giuseppe68Napoli,

Thank you for your feedback. A single room is not always as big, I agree. All our sigle rooms have 1,40 meter wide beds so the rooms should be bigger that most single rooms in our price range. They are around 12 sqaure meters big. An upgrade to a double rooom would fixed the problem for you if this was the biggest issue, easy for us to fix:) We are trully sorry that the room did noe meet your expectations.

In case of the shower. We have daily maintance and I would be really thankfull if you would tell us what room you where in. Not just tell it here at Tripadvisor, but to the reception so we could fix it right away. If you remember, could you tell us in an E-mail: post@sagahoteloslo.no ? That would be great!

We just bought a new hotel near by and we will, if possible, build a fitness center here for all our guest at Saga Hotel Oslo. Just 250 meters walk, then you are warm and ready to start the session.

We would love to take care of you once again, in a bigger room and with fixed shower.

Have a great weekend!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here three nights, & enjoyed it. Close for walking downtown (maybe 15 minutes through the park), located on a nice residential street. A few small restaurants & shops around the block. The hotel is stylish, attractive, clean, with friendly, helpful staff. Nice selection at the buffet breakfast. My room was had a single bed -- which happily was quite a large single bed, & extra long (so very comfy). High ceiling -- room was on main floor. Was very quiet the first night - not a sound to be heard from anywhere. The second morning, (a Sunday) someone overhead started walking around at 7 a.m., unfortunately -- but no outside noise. Some areas for improvement: combination of no slippers AND no bath mat (may be first hotel I've been in that did not have a bathmat) made for cold feet Also no lotion, etc. Relative to what you get in many other world cities, this accommodation is grossly overpriced, yet for Oslo, it's considered at budget-minded accommodation (said a local with whom I was meeting). [One thing to keep in mind when you're there -- double-check your door locks when you leave, push the handle down and really make sure. I was glad I have this habit - as once when it should have been locked, I gave the handle a good turn, & to my surprise the door opened.]

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank WItravelingirl
Sagahoteloslo, Kundeansvarlig at Saga Hotel Oslo, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear WlTravelingirl,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We love feedback.

We agree, the singel bed is 140 cm queen size, and quite big for a single person. We love that you liked the bed. We do have bathmaths in our superior room or suites, unfortunately the single rooms does not. It is also aminites in the upgraded rooms, such as extra shampoo, conditioner and lotion. We use heating on the floor and a extra towel for single and double rooms.

In case of the closing and locking your door. It takes 30-60 seconds for the door to lock automaticly. This is for safety reasons, small children and also guest walking around in theire sleep. It will for sure lock automaticly.

One more thing: We do open a new restaurant medio March 1st. This is called St. Raw. We are happy to welcome you again some other time to try this out.

Have a great day!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The reception team and management provided the best service I have ever had in 30+ years of traveling throughout Europe and North America. Every visit has brought a smile to my face. The service at the Saga Hotel is unpretentious, yet when I looked closer I experienced remarkable people!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kvb2014
Mercer Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Saga Hotel is located to the west of the city and is relatively quiet. It is a bit of a walk to downtown but the tram is easily accessible. The hotel is nicely furnished and very comfortable. Wonderful breakfast. On the negative side, the room was very small and the bathroom smaller yet. The shower doors had to be folded back against the wall in order to use the sink. The hotel prides itself on being green which is great, but they have gone too far. The shower was so inadequate, taking a shower became an ordeal. My sheets became soiled and when I asked for fresh ones, I had to argue with the receptionist as they don't change sheets all that often. It seemed to be a personal issue with her. The hotel does have an elevator. The hotel was expensive even by Oslo standards. When we came back to Oslo after our trip north, we changed hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on side street are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aspiring1
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I chose to stay at the Saga Hotel based on all the great reviews here on Tripadvisor. They're well deserved. I'll start with the one negative issue. When I arrived at the Saga Hotel they had no record of my reservation (which I made via Expedia). Even with my printout and confirmation number, there was no trace of my reservation. So I had to wait a while for the desk staff to sort things out. Eventually I was given a room, but a slightly lower grade than the one I'd booked. Anyway, eventually things were sorted out and the hotel made amends so no hard feelings. But I would definitely advise everyone to phone the Saga before you arrive to confirm your reservation. In all my travels, this has never happened before.

The hotel itself was a real gem, though. Very stylish and pleasant. The room was fine, although it overlooked the parking lot which could be a bit noisy. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was the best *by far* I encountered during my three week vacation in Amsterdam, Berlin, Norway and Iceland. A really beautiful spread.

So I would definitely recommend the Saga. In a really nice neighbourhood, too. I'd absolutely be happy to stay there again (but call first!).

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the parking lot can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRBinToronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Don't be confused with other Saga hotels, this is very different. A very friendly welcome, and staff really helpful. If you have stayed at city centre hotels you will know that 1/ they are costly in Oslo, and 2/ end up being impersonal, small rooms and overall disappointing - normally because they know there will always be demand. The Saga is non of these. Rooms are good size, all the amenities you want. Work is being done to make the experience even better, like a new restaurant. There is a bar and breakfast room, and a nice lobby for work, internet and aircon in rooms. The Saga is what I would call a 'boutique hotel' - excellent for business travelers, as well as couples or visitors to Oslo. Walk to town centre was easy. Good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business