“Good - in the heart of Oslo”
Review of Tabibito

Tabibito
Ranked #104 of 1,518 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice restaurant, and great location. Almost neighbour with Dinner restaurant. Nice settings and tasteful design/interior.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Been several times to this place and can recommend the fish cakes on the dim sum meny. Tasty, inexpensive and filling. Good service, but maybe too attentive ? Ordered table from 17-19 well in advance, and a bit irritating to be rushed with the bill together with the coffe. 20 minutes more, and we would have asked for it.
This has become a popular oriental restaurant in Oslo, and a good alternative to the more expensive and always crowded Dinner restaurant around the corner. Difficult to compare, so recommend you try both, but remember booking, and do not accept their eager to turnover tables ! Sometimes it is OK, other times not, especially if you are celebrating an occation.

2  Thank AinaK2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The bill was over-classed. The location was good. The food was disappointing. The service was terrible.

The Middle-East-looking waiter was rude, and had no basic knowledge of the food and wine. When asked to introduce the first course, the answer was "What is the problem".

If you want to spend 500 NOK (80 USD) per person for a poor dinner and be scolded by the waiter, come to Tabibito!

1  Thank Ferdinand Lie A
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I ordered beef noodle and the seafood bread, don't get me wrong the food is nice except it's been transformed to adapt to the local taste. Instead of chinese noodle I think it is instant udon noodle. The atomosphere is great with the terra cotta warriors and things and the owner is a Chinese speaker which makes me think he must know something about the chinese food culture etc. All in all it is Ok, but if you're really hungry I recommend you to go to somewhere else because I ordered two dishes for about 280 krones and still feel hungry when I left,however it is understandable because you're in Norway.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I went with four friends a Monday evening. We easily got a table in this nicely decorated restaurant.
Everybody enjoyed their food. I had a platter with scallops and king prawns which the waiter recommended. I loved it.
I don't think the food is cheap in this restaurant, but I gladly paid the price for my dish.